Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

08 6.4 cylinder 2 contribution/miss balance

24K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  early99strokerr 
#1 ·
I've notice my truck been running a bit odd, I checked the codes for piece of mind and found the number 2 cyl code. I ran some injector cleaner through ran good for that night an code didn't come back till the next day. Now it's still running rough just a slight Lopey idle and no smoke or weird noises and seems to have a bit of a power loss. Should I change the injector and if so how hard is it to get the injector out?
Oh and the fuel filter were recently changed.

#2 ·
Sounds like an injector is going bad. Get it fixed ASAP. You don't want it to stick open and melt or crack a piston.

#3 ·
That's what i'm hoping that it's just a injector, I just ordered one we'll see how it goes. What's install time on one and what do I need?

#4 · (Edited)
Honestly I have never installed one. The lines leading to the injector need to be replaced. You cant reuse them.

#5 ·
#8 ·
Thanks guys, I have the injector now. I'm gonna try to knock it out this weekend if the weather stays clear. I'll let you know how things go.

#12 · (Edited)
I had to do the driver side, so it wasn't to bad a buddy and I did it in about 4 hrs. I couldn't find a write up anywhere on how to do it. But if you didn't count the BSing and beer probably about 3 hrs.

#11 ·
^^^ +1 might just do it for piece of mind when she comes apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.