6.4L Manual transmisson Owners only thread - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4L Manual transmisson Owners only thread

Can we make this a sticky??

This should be a place for us manual "gear crushers" to complile all of our data because some stuff is just not the same as the automatic "grocery getters"

I have done a bunch of looking and compiling to figure out the differenance between the manual and the auto but no thread really exists to explain what we can and cannot do like the automatics.

Turbo back exhaust DO NOT FIT, The down pipe interfers with the transmission and fram member. In order to make it fit you wil need to do a modification to the downpipe itself as in dent it or grind down the tab on the transmission housing, also you will need to grind the frame not alittle more or dent the pipe there also

DPF deletes do work with the manual trans, and so do downpipe back exhaust systems. Any size will work, 4" will work but the manual trucks will run and drive better with the 5" systems, more responce to the manual tunes. Depending on the tuner you have ( IT IS REQUIRED FOR DPF AND EGR DELETES) you will either need exhaust with bungs or without them. If you have a race tuner you do not need the bungs and can turn those sensors off.

Tuners will all work but the Auto tunes will not work. You need manual trans tunes. The ZF6 trans will only hold up to a 210-275 tune without slipping the stock clutch. if you are heavy on the throttle then you will probably slip it at 210 tunes.

The best upgrades for this trans you can do is a dual disc clutch. Yes they are expensive but you can load a 310 tune, step on the trottle and roast dual tires so is it worth the cost, you bet. The ZF6 trans is pretty much bullet proof and if you upgrade the clutch it should be smooth sailing as long as its not a pulling truck, then i dont know how long it will last.

Egr deletes and elbows all will work with the manual trans trucks, you will need a race tuner and egr delete tunes to acomplish this. Keep in mind thes tunes have to be manual transmission tunes not auto. Spartan is what i will be using and i know for a fact they have manual tunes ready to go.

If anyone has any other info on gear crusher trucks please feel free to let me know and i will update this tread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

Are there custom Mini Maxx manual tunes? Right now I just have the canned tunes from H&S installed but am curious to see if there are manual ones as well..
Old 08-30-2013, 01:25 PM

This is great, I just purchased a manual and I'm loving it. Thanks for the input. Ill update if I find anything interesting with my truck vs an Auto.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:34 PM

awesome lets keep this going!!!! all info would be usefull, anyone done a downpipe yet?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYWhiteDually View Post
Can we make this a sticky??

This should be a place for us manual "gear crushers" to complile all of our data because some stuff is just not the same as the automatic "grocery getters."
After driving a 18 speed all day, I enjoy getting into a "grocery getter". I mean I love my 1 ton truck it's my pride and joy but we all know what REAL RIGS look like
Old 09-01-2013, 09:50 PM

Second that ^^

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-02-2013, 05:55 AM

So Auto trucks are grocery getters but Manuals can't handle a 275 tune? All those poor Manuals that can't run a 300 tune as a daily driver... So sad.
Auto tunes don't work on Manual trucks? THAT IS A SURPRISE! I wonder where the torque converter locks up then? lol

Funny.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYWhiteDually View Post
awesome lets keep this going!!!! all info would be usefull, anyone done a downpipe yet?
I will actually being doing my clutch this coming weekend and the downpipe at the same time.

With the downpipe if you unbolt the trans and slide it to the left side frame rail, it will give you clearence to unbolt the downpipe and drop it out in one piece instead of cutting it in 1/2. I bought my downpipe from SDP and that is what the owner told me for the best way to install it and keep it intact.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 AM

yea take alot of pictures if you can! standards cant handle the 310 tune stock due to the clutch slipping, replacing the clutch with a dual disk and load the 310 tune and start roasting dual tires.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:00 AM

Will do! Ill try and document it the best i can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.