Trans Temp too high? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trans Temp too high?

I have an 08 CCLB F-350 with a 5" Flo pro and a Mini Maxx with the Easy tune loaded currently. Yesterday I drove up a 15% grade for 3-4 miles of very whindy road at 20-25mph. The air temp was mid to high 80s. Elevation was 3500 up to 5200 feet during the climb.

Question is, my trans got up to 218 and my oil temp was 222 while my coolant was 213. I was unloaded pretty much, maybe 300-400 lbs of gear in the bed. Are those numbers too high for a pull like that? The road is steep, and all three temps dropped back down to normal ranges within 5 minutes.

Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 AM

I wouldn't worry a out it. A lot of things come into play that effect temp. Mine climbed to 225 on about the same hill one day and all other stays was much lower. I thought my trans was going and it was winter and cold no snow on the road. The next time I hit that hill I was able to go faster and the TC locked and temps were much cooler. Especially since all your temps came back down shortly after I wouldn't worry about it just keep an eye on it
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 AM

those temps are low....bet your fan never even came on. towing up hill on a hot day you'll see coolant and oil go over 230*....fan set to come on tranny 220* oil 225*.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM

Ok thanks guys, not sure what's extreme and what's not regarding pulling grades and towing.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.