Am I going to pass? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Am I going to pass?

I have a 2008 6.4 with mini maxx off road tune and a dpf delete straight pipe. I just got the letter in the mail for emissions testing. I have the factory egr in place so I'm hoping to pass? It does not have any lights on indicating an issue. But I will have to unplug my tuner for them to test for emissions. Here in Wisconsin I can take it to my ford dealer to get checked I don't know if this will help at all? My wife is going to murder me if this thing fails I may be trading in on the spot lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 AM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I don't think I would take it to ford. It would have to be a smaller guy that you could give him a $20 to pass you. But idk they may pass you without the extra money. Hopefully someone chimes in from around your area that has experience with a deleted truck
Old 07-02-2013, 01:34 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The tune isn't that back reset to stock for emissions the dpf delete on the other hand you may have a problem
Old 07-02-2013, 03:03 AM

There are a lot of 6.4's running around my area but haven't had a chance to talk to any of them. I know I've seen plenty with tuners and exhaust may not be deleted
Old 07-02-2013, 04:37 AM
Premium Member

if its anything like it is here in VA, diesels don't get emissions tests. its more of a formality. you're prob going to be ok. they may just hook it up to the computer, make sure there are no emissions codes, and you're good to go. hopefully someone will chime in from your area.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM

Usually the emissions test is a SNAP test. They quickly floor the accelerator to see the amount of smoke generated. They know that the 2008 and newer trucks shouldnt smoke, or smoke very, very little. I worked at an Ohio emissions station for years. Now depending on your states emission requirements, you may be able to get a waiver if your vehicles GVRW is above a certain number. In Ohio I have an EPA waiver and as long as I dont lose it, I am not required to test.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:27 PM

I just went thru this in Milwaukee. If they hook up to your OBD port, you will fail the EGR "readiness" portion of the test.

The MMax cycles the EGR on the Easy Tunes, but blocks the system from setting the EGR system to "ready".

I had load the stock OEM tune and re-install DPF to pass.

Sucks!

Mike
Old 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here in CO, I set the tuner back to stock and switched the oem exhaust/Dpf out. You can try to pass but without the Dpf, you should fail the visual test. All emission places are different, best thing to do is either find someone in your area with experience or just wing it the first time. Even if you fail, it should be free to go back at least once, that way you'll know for sure what had to be done.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSherman View Post
I just went thru this in Milwaukee. If they hook up to your OBD port, you will fail the EGR "readiness" portion of the test.

The MMax cycles the EGR on the Easy Tunes, but blocks the system from setting the EGR system to "ready".

I had load the stock OEM tune and re-install DPF to pass.

Sucks!

Mike

Sounds like I'm going to fail
Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 PM

Has anyone tried returning to stock tune but leaving the dpf off? Maybe stop in the parking lot and return to stock tune then leave and return back to offroad tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.