Dear Ford Motor Company - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Dear Ford Motor Company

My letter to Ford

Sir/Maam

Everyday you make it harder and harder to stay loyal to your brand, and defend it. I have a 2008 Ford F250 6.4L Powerstroke that currently has 64,878 miles that has been nothing but a headache. It is not the truck necessarily that has been a headache, but your technicians, warranty program, and customer service. Please allow me to explain.

In October 2012, I returned my truck to the local Ford dealership because it was puffing white smoke, stumbling on itself, and had a bad grinding/vibration sound. The technician proceeded to replace my intercooler under warranty, and do a "99 point inspection" on my vehicle. The dealership "could not duplicate" the grinding and vibrating issue and returned my truck to me, saying nothing was wrong.

I drove the vehicle until February 2013, when the sound got worse and unbearable. Upon returning the truck to the dealership, I advised the technician and service writer, that I believed the grinding/vibration sound was related to the turbocharger, and I was told that doesn't make sense, and the truck would be looked at. A few days later, I was told to come pick it up and that the issue had been solved, and the transfer case had been replaced under warranty. However, the sound still remained.

A week later, I returned yet again to the dealership for the same issue. This go around, the truck was at the dealership for 26 days. Not only was I not afforded a loaner vehicle, but I also wasn't reimbursed for the rental vehicle I had to get. After weeks of waiting, I was advised that the transmission was the cause of the noise, and was being rebuilt. Yet again, this failed to fix the issue. Shortly after, I was told the rear differential pinion seal was the cause but wouldn't be covered under warranty, as I was past my 60,000 mile warranty. I rebuilt the rear differential...and the issue still remained.

Last month, I took a road trip in my vehicle, and the turbocharger began to have issues. Upon removing the air intake tube from the High Pressure Turbo, I found the compressor wheel to have shaft play, as well as oil in the inter cooler pipes. I made an appointment with Ford and dropped my truck off on Tuesday, June 24, 2013 at 8:00am CST. Almost a week later, I called the dealership for an update only to find that my vehicle hasn't even been looked at yet.

As a life long and LOYAL Ford supporter, it's disheartening to know that the technicians I trust my vehicle with cannot correctly diagnose an issue on my vehicle, nor can they repair it in a timely manner. I am now over $2000 out of pocket for rental cars and un-needed repairs on a 65k mile truck that is still under warranty. Almost 9 months after initially identifying an issue, my vehicle has still not been repaired. My question to you, is how much flexibility does your company expect a loyal customer to have? I've been more than patient with this whole process, and have nothing to show for it. I am seriously considering switching to a new brand, as I know the "other guys" actually repair vehicles quicker and correctly. It's sad it's had to come to this with me, as I love Ford...but there comes a time when you have to draw the line. After 9 long months, and a still broken truck, this once die hard Ford owner is reconsidering where my loyalties lie. I can only hope that issues such as these don't happen to everyone.

I look forward to your response...thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I long to hear what they say, if anything....
Old 07-01-2013, 02:32 PM

Gotta wonder if MR.FORD was still alive how would he handle this. Keep us posted if you hear anything back. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:12 PM

This is the kind of things that scare me. I've had my 08 6.4 for 9 months and 12k miles and I've already replaced my alternator, belt tensioner and egr. Unfortunately I'm so afraid that something else will go wrong I think about trading in daily. I love my truck it just scares me since I only have 63k miles on it.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Ordnance on coordinates

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very well wrote. Keep s posted if ford replies
Old 07-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

go on fords website and get the corporate customer service number and skip all the bull. The dealer i bought my truck from was the worst ford dealer in the united states and kept giving me the run around.

Last edited by 2008sixfour; 07-01-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: needed to add more
Old 07-01-2013, 04:44 PM

I have never accepted a vehicle back that wasn't fixed

I turn that Biotch right around and drop it right back off

and I always have My ride wait a few minutes until I am sure it's fixed
Old 07-01-2013, 04:51 PM

Very interested to see what they say! Hope they do something for you!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Premium Member

Is this all from one ford dealer? Its possible (and common) that this particular stealership doesn't have the skilled and experienced staff that another one would. For future repairs, it might be a wise investment to get a second opinion from a shop or stealership that has a positive powerstroke reputation. Unfortunately, you'll find every brand of auto manufacturers has "part swapping" technicians.

While we'd like to believe that every ford shop has highly trained and skilled techs working on your truck... a lot of them are just fresh out of college with a chip on their shoulder. I drive 35 miles to a Ford dealership in Monticello with SMART techs because the one 3 miles away from me has these stubborn-but-often-wrong techs.

Post up a response if you receive one!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta_gofast View Post
Is this all from one ford dealer?
It has been at two different dealerships now...I know what you mean about the techs though. If it wasn't such an expensive part/labor wise, I'd say screw the warranty and just fix it myself. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.