6.4 HPFP Failure No Warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 HPFP Failure No Warranty

Long story short my 6.4's fuel was contaminated with dirt, probably from pumping fuel at a gas station somewhere. My fuel filters and oil are changed at frequent intervals. A couple dealerships want $9,000 to replace every component in the fuel system. It's not Ford's fault, it's not my fault, its a gas stations fault, as I was told. I think an engineering failure exists as under normal operating conditions and fuel pumping the truck self destructed in 1,500 miles. Insurance also will not cover this.

Frequent Ford advertisements depict Ford trucks as being badass work machines. But I cant even pump fuel into my Ferd F-Teen Thousand and get it down the road.

I'm going to clean the tank out myself, replace the filters, and try to blowout/clean every component I can.
If the problem persists, at the least I will have to replace the HPFP assembly and pull the engine through the front end. I bought a superpremium warranty for several thousand dollars and I feel that it is useless as I was charged $250 for diagnostics and my truck is parked. I AM NOT A SATISFIED CUSTOMER.

I most certainly feel shafted by Ford, and rest assured if I have to pull the Powerstroke engine out, a mechanical Cummins is going in.
post #2 of 18 Old 06-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Insurance could possibly cover

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 18 Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Called up the insurance company. If I wanted to file a claim they would send someone out to look at it for $$$ and most likely not cover it.
post #4 of 18 Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Premium Member

We've had insurance pay for several trucks with contaminated fuel. If you had receipts for your fuel then the insurance company would go after the gas station.

Ford Master Diesel Tech

post #5 of 18 Old 06-27-2013, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There is no "the" gas station, I pumped diesel all across the country...
post #6 of 18 Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselflash View Post
We've had insurance pay for several trucks with contaminated fuel. If you had receipts for your fuel then the insurance company would go after the gas station.
I save every fuel receipt, it doesn't matter if i pump 5 gallons, or 25 gallons into my trucks fuel tank. Just for this very reason. If i get some contaminated fuel, i'm going straight to the station that i filled up at. i have fuel receipts from 12 months ago. It's just something i do for piece of mind, and when the receipt wont print at the pump, i walk inside and have one printed no matter how much of a rush i am in. I hope you get this worked out. $9K is a boat load to fork out for a new fuel system.. let us know how it goes. best of luck.

Kris

2008 Ford F250 6.4L Crew Cab Short Bed King Ranch
3.5" ReadyLift Leveling Kit, 37x13.5x20 Toyo MT's on stock 20's, Dual Steering Stabilizer, Livewire w/ IDP, KEM, Gearhead, S&B, 5" Flo-Pro, Rudy's EGR Delete and Cold Side Pipe, CCV
post #7 of 18 Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought the truck used, its only worth about 15k now. Its a single cab XL, So 9 grand to fix it seems ridiculous. Ill be more careful when pumping fuel now...
post #8 of 18 Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Something seems weird. First post says insurance won't cover it but then u says insurance hasn't looked at it because that would cost money. I would rather pay the insurance company the little $$ versus 9k for everything that's fuel related on the truck.

When u get it fixed, only buy diesel from stations that sell alot. Going to the little store at the end of the road with one diesel pump at the back of the lot isn't good because their diesel sits longer. Sitting longer means its got more chances for water to be in it and also dirt because they may not fill diesel up all the time so it could be pulling from. The bottom.

T-rav
2010 F350 6.4- H&S Single turbo kit, 5" flo pro,No limit SS cold side kit, No Limit intake, MPD billet CCV/oil filler, newton leveling kit, RED Newton traction bars, custom projector retrofit in oem lights and a bunch of LED lights LOL

Holderdown Performance #teamHDP

OUR FLEET: 2015 f450, 2014 Platinum F350, 2012 F450 6.7, 2010 F350 6.4, 2005 F350 6.0, 04 F450 6.0
post #9 of 18 Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Cowgirl forever!!!

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
dang that sucks, i have never had this problem but how does the insurance pay for a fuel issues just for my infor

Jess
01 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3 once again!!
MBRP 4'' Turbo Back and Chrome
05 Grille
Carolina Powerstroke Assocation member
LIFE IS TO SHORT SO RIDE A FAST HORSE!
post #10 of 18 Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I contacted my insurance company, and was told that if I filed a claim they would send someone to come out and look at the truck for $$$. I was also told there was a very good chance the claim would be denied.

If I file the claim ill be out of pocket for the inspection and my rates will probably go up, as I was also told by the insurance spokesperson. The chances of insurance covering the repairs are slim to none, especially because I am not exactly sure where the bad gas was pumped.

Therefore the insurance company is out of the picture.

Tags
6.4 , contaminated , failure , fuel , hpfp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode