Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

weather stripping

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Clayton1985 
#1 ·
went to shut my rear driver door tonight and sounded like it was filled with water so i pulled the weather stripping off the bottom and there were two drain plugs. I pulled those and they were clogged with mud once I got the mud out of there bunch of water drained. well went to put the weather stripping back on and those plastic rivets that go in easy but break on the way out are toast and I need some new ones......Does any one know where I could pick some of those up?
Thanks

#3 ·
Should be able to get at the local dealer. Don't know part number off hand. You can also try a local parts store, they usually deal with a company like Au-Ve-Co that makes the body clips, panel fasteners, and the such. Might be worth a try instead of the dealership, should be a lot cheaper too!

#4 ·
yeah i imagine the dealer would be an arm and a leg for some little plastic pieces. Thanks for the tip ill look this weekend and see what I can find

#5 ·
I just bought a new driver's side weatherstrip/gasket for my truck as there was a crack/split down the middle of it by the windshield in the front door and it was just under $150 at Woodridge. Of course, it wasn't in stock and had to be shipped from Edmonton.

#6 ·
Both my back doors bottom strips are long gone and the front doors the corners hang... The first winter I had truck up here they froze and stuck to cab and that was the end of em.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.