Help picking Traction Bar Color for KR - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 06:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help picking Traction Bar Color for KR

Just one winter in NY and the road salt is Killing the poor truck. Even when powerwashing it at least once a week. Went to take the center caps off the wheels at one point and ALL the bolts were seized!!

The undercarriage is taking a beating, and the PMF tractions bars are about to come off to get the rust blown off and powdercoated. Trying to figure out if I should even attempt to do a different color to try to match that odd Dark Burnt Maroon color, or just go with Black?

If I did the rear bars, then of course I would need to do the Front Arms as well.

Idea? Pics?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 06:46 AM

I am running mine in the gold accent color

I just put my 4 link on and need to decide if I match them also

or pick new colors ?

Last edited by ZMANN; 06-22-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:19 AM

Hadn't really considered going with the gold color. Hmm. Do you have another link to your pic? that on is asking to login into another forum??
Old 06-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnut74 View Post
Hadn't really considered going with the gold color. Hmm. Do you have another link to your pic? that on is asking to login into another forum??
Funny you asked that question, I have been trying to get a good look at his trucks front suspension myself and I'm yet able to download any of his pictures. .? .. ....

I do like the colors on his truck, very unique with the gold along with the window tinting.
The mesh in the bumper looks sharp too. Does heat escape out of those 08-09 fender emblems or are they just for the looks ?

My opinion on the traction bar color is: semi-gloss black or a bit towards flat black. I don't see it as a part of the truck that needs accenting. Paint it for protection and blend it in with the running gear. Don't get eyes pulled below the body lines, make it blend in along with the running gear. The truck speaks for itself and throwing colors at it down low is distracting as far as I am concerned.
Of course do what you think looks good. I am a keep it simple stupid kind of guy.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Have you thought about getting them rhino lined with a color match?.. i did that since the powder coating on my stuff was gettin eatin up by the road salt as well and havent had an issue since...
Old 06-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I say black... But that's just me, I've never been a fan of different colored suspension parts I like it all black

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-23-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatlen View Post
The mesh in the bumper looks sharp too. Does heat escape out of those 08-09 fender emblems or are they just for the looks ?They're actually heat vents into the engine compartment. Do they actually help? who knows.

My opinion on the traction bar color is: semi-gloss black or a bit towards flat black. I don't see it as a part of the truck that needs accenting. Paint it for protection and blend it in with the running gear. Don't get eyes pulled below the body lines, make it blend in along with the running gear. The truck speaks for itself and throwing colors at it down low is distracting as far as I am concerned.
Of course do what you think looks good. I am a keep it simple stupid kind of guy.
I think you might be right here. Of course every time I replace a part I always ask myself- Can I make it work better, look better, Do something better??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdchief View Post
Have you thought about getting them rhino lined with a color match?.. i did that since the powder coating on my stuff was gettin eatin up by the road salt as well and havent had an issue since...
Rhino Line huh? That's not a bad idea either although then the surface texture won't match anything else outside the bed. Maybe I'm being too picky.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 AM

sorry guys I thought the picture was up since I could see it LOL this has some bad glare I need to do better
Attached Thumbnails
Help picking Traction Bar Color for KR-z.jpg   Help picking Traction Bar Color for KR-p7221387.jpg  

Last edited by ZMANN; 06-23-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:15 AM

Thanks Z! Sharp looking KR! I have to ask whose front Radius arms are those? Do them seem to help with ride at all?
Old 06-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Premium Member

Match the copper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.