Icon Dispute - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 02:17 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Icon Dispute

Not anything official, but I got to say that I'm not real impressed with my Icon suspension system. It's a Icon 2.5 Stg 4 system with the remote reservoir shocks. I got to say that my ride really didnt improve much. My mechanic friend says he thinks it rides like a caddy, he drives an 07 F250 stock setup. But for the money I spent on the lift it should b a soft smooth ride. In all seriousness, my 06 F250 with its 2" leveling kit with replacement shocks, for far less, rode a heck of a lot better. Just how I feel, maybe I got stuck with really stiff shocks, because it's still a really rough ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What shocks? I'm guessing Icon's? Not that they're bad. Just wondering.

My 05 on a Rize 4-link and King shocks rides slightly more stiff than stock at slower speeds. Hit a bump or fly off a curb at 45+ mph and you'll know where your money went.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 PM

What wheel and tire set up are you running? You'd be the first complaint I've heard, I have this same set up on mine and it rides very smooth and stable compared to my previous 6" kit that was on there.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
I have personally had 4 Icon Setup Trucks. Much improved over stock. You have to understand that a 250 or 350 will never ever ride like a 150. I think that people have that misconception and then complain about the ride.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMotionJosh View Post
I have personally had 4 Icon Setup Trucks. Much improved over stock. You have to understand that a 250 or 350 will never ever ride like a 150. I think that people have that misconception and then complain about the ride.
By no means am I expecting a superdutys to ride like a car, it's a truck built to work, that's what I bought it for. If I wanted a car like ride I would've gotten a 3500 Chevy. What I'm trying to figure out is, when I'm dropping $3500 on a suspension system, I'm expecting that it will live up to its name and improve my ride quality, which it didn't improve much at all, it stiffened it up some, but I hit bumps at 45 mph all the time, and I get jarred as much as I do in my E350 with stock suspension. Forget about hitting a curb at that speed, I'd probably shoot through the roof.
Currently running 35s on 20s, my F250 was 35s on 17s, so that may have some to do with it, but again, my F250 only had a 2" level kit w/ replacement shocks for $399. So again how does a cheap suspension kit offer a better ride than a top of the line kit like Icon?
Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 AM

The wheel to tire ratio is a big factor, the more side wall you have the more absorbment of bumps and jarring you will have due to the taller less stiff side wall. Swap your wheels to the other truck and I'd be willing to bet the ride will stiffen up. I went from a 35/20 to a 35/22 and the difference in ride with the same suspension was night and day. It rides much stiffer with the 22's due to the loss in side wall as well as the tires being stiffer. I just live with it because I like the big wheels, I know it would ride better with a smaller wheel but its just not to my taste.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:59 AM

I think replacing coils for a 2.5 is a waste vs a urethane spacer

but anything over that it's necessary

as far as the Shocks it's unfortunate you don't like the ride but someone had to decide on the valving for you and they won't please everyone IMHO

I hated the Bilstein 5000 valving so I went to an adjustable shock and I was much happier

Quote:
Forget about hitting a curb at that speed, I'd probably shoot through the roof.
Note Snake stated
Quote:
Fly off a curb
not hit one LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.