Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Motor went haywire, redlined, then shut down.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ramonpowerstroker 
#1 ·
Ok everybody. What would happen if gas got in diesel. My truck just went haywire 5 miles from the fuel station. It was like the accelerator stuck wide open, then the exhaust turned whitish grayish, then the I turned the key off and it wouldn't shut down! I was approaching 80 so I thru it in nuetral bc I was on a county road. It wrapped out at 5000+rpm then finally shut off. There's oil and fuel all down the passenger side and its definitely FUBAR. this truck has been perfectly fine until this. I'm having it towed to a shop here in Findlay OH and having them test the fuel first thing. If it's not fuel what could've happened?!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Sounds like it run away on you bud. Have you checked the oil level to make sure the crankcase wasnt full of oil and fuel?

#3 ·
I'm deleted and I've only out 2500 miles on since I've bought it. I changed the oil when I got it home and check it almost every time I drive it. Is this common? Or I guess has it happened to people before??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.