6.4 or 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 or 6.0?

Hey guys I'm debating on what truck to get when I get done with bootcamp and all my training next year. I should be done around Jan but gunna wait till around June to buy a truck. Unless I see a deal before hand. I've been thinking on a 6.0 05+. But my buddy just bought a 6.4 nice truck. And a lot of power. So I'm thinkin I might just be better off buyin a 6.4 because with a tuner that's all that power I'd ever need. I'm planing on spending 15-22g for a 6l don't really wanna pay more than 18g. And I've been looking and there prices are through the roof lately almost as much as acouple 6.4s I've seen. For around 22-23 that I could probably talk down some. Any advice about either trucks? One other thing what tuners can you run the 6.4 deleted with? Seems like 1300 bucks on a tuners gunna be what is goin to be spent. Didn't know if there was a cheaper alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well dude that's where I was a month ago. I drove about 10 6.0's and 2 6.4s. The 6.0s are plenty responsive and drive just fine. However, once I sat in the 6.4, the interior is WAAAAY nicer. Honestly, once you get over the motor, what would you rather sit in? I also got dual leather power seats. I just like the dash and interior of the 6.4.

Since it will be almost a year before you buy a truck, I would just not worry about it now though. A lot will change in a year. Since you'll be in the service, you probably won't have much time or space to do the maintenance. When I was in, there's no way I had the time to keep up on a diesel. That was mostly contributed to my sailor buddies, beer, and being underway!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea that's what I'm thinking the interior on the 6l is kinda out dated and I don't wanna buy one and then want a 6.4 the whole time. So I'm hoping I can find a 6.4 for the right price. And yea my buddie is all leather it's so nice. And I will be reserves becuz I'm having a family. But I may activate. I'd just have the gf drive it if need be but and thanks!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 AM

Oh then get one. I paid $20k for mine. Had 130k miles, runs like a top, bone stock FX4. Only problem is the cd changer is jacked. I haven't found a single 2008 6.4 F250 in my area for less than $32000 except for this one. Good luck buddy...
Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea I found a couple for 23-25 ext cabs ones lariet with 96k the others just all black leather with 100k. Did you delete yours? My buddy deleted his couple days after and changed the oil he had diesel in hos oil becuz of the regen
Old 05-23-2013, 10:01 AM

I haven't deleted mine yet. My Blackstone oil report only showed a trace of fuel in my oil and no coolant after I bought the truck. Good so far.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 PM

I went with the 6.4 and i could not be happier!!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 AM

Bang for the buck..Looks and Power...6.4! Do all your deletes, EGR elbow and a H&S or Spartan tune and you're golden. Splurge and get your upper charge pipe also. 562hp and 1200 flbs. without the up pipe on a Spartan 310 tune. Loving it!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Depends where you live. If you have to do emissions I would vote the 6.0. Otherwise, I wouldn't trade me tuned 6.4 for any other truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.