BEST shocks for me???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
BEST shocks for me????

Im running a Newton 1.5" leveling kit up front and wanting to purchase shocks to hopefully improve my ride and im sure after 34k miles and being used with leveling kit they are prolly junk from being extended too far, etc.

Im wanting smoothest ride possible, so I have heard bilstein 5100's are stiff so I was leaning towards bilstein 5160's that have reservoirs and I was told are valved specifically for the super duty. Cheapest I found was $192 a piece with free shipping and $20 bux off $300 discount code through shock warehouse.

anyone have other suggestions, Im hoping that if paying this much for a shock it will be all its cracked up to be. Just want something that performs well and is meant for my leveling kit( shocks with 0-2" of lift)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got the 5160s for $167 a piece at autoplicity. I also got the billet adapters to hold the reservoirs at autoplicity as well for $40 a pop. I think its cheesy to have the reservoirs mounted to the shock bodies with hose clamps on such nice looking shocks. Theres a code where you can get either 30% off shipping or 2% off your order, however you could only use one at a time, so the 2% off was greater than the 30% off shipping.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRecondo View Post
I got the 5160s for $167 a piece at autoplicity. I also got the billet adapters to hold the reservoirs at autoplicity as well for $40 a pop. I think its cheesy to have the reservoirs mounted to the shock bodies with hose clamps on such nice looking shocks. Theres a code where you can get either 30% off shipping or 2% off your order, however you could only use one at a time, so the 2% off was greater than the 30% off shipping.
Thanks for the link. That's a good deal. How do you like the shocks? We're they worth the price. Can't believe no one else has any reviews. I used the search feature but everyone that got them never got back the a review.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Premium Member

interested as well... i ahve 95K on the stockers... lol i need some new ones asap.. my ride has gotten noticably worse the last 20K. Time for some new ones, i got quoted for some bilestiens from someone a few months ago.. cant remember exactly how much it was.. but it wasn't cheap.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:29 AM

The link he posted above is the cheapest we will prolly find them. I was waiting to hear what others had to say about the shocks before I went ahead and bought them but I guess no one has them
Old 05-23-2013, 05:29 AM

what about the rancho RS9000XL shocks. they are running a promotion and if you buy 4 you get $120 bux back so basically the 4th shock is free.
http://www.gorancho.com/promotions/r...atepad_web.pdf
Old 05-23-2013, 06:20 AM

Well, I did change them out last week when I was 14 miles away from crossing 100k. The suspension had never been touched on the truck since it rolled off the production line, so it was time to change the suspension. When I took out all four of the factory shocks, I compressed all of them one by one and let them sit on the ground. 30 minutes later I came back to check on them and only 1 of the shocks was able to push out about 4-5 inches while the others were struggling.

Yes the Bilsteins are nice and do provide a noticeable difference in ride quality and handling.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Premium Member

i think i'm gonna go with some 5160's in a few weeks.. gotta save up some extra cash in the mean time to pay for these suckers.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
i think i'm gonna go with some 5160's in a few weeks.. gotta save up some extra cash in the mean time to pay for these suckers.
I don't think I'm going to get them now. For 190 a shock or 170 from the link above is still pretty expensive. Think I'm gonna give the rancho RS9000XL a try. They are closer to 100 a shock plus they are doing a deal where if ya buy 4 you get a 120 dollar prepaid visa. Not too bad at all
Old 05-25-2013, 03:59 AM

4 Wheel Parts has a 10% off sale on shocks for the next 5 days.. Looks like the Rancho rebate is $100 for 4 RS9000XL shocks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.