Egr Crossover Coolant Hose - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Egr Crossover Coolant Hose

Was wondering if anyone knows the part number for the short crossover coolant hose from the Vertical Egr cooler to the horizontal Egr cooler. mines leaking even after tightening still under warranty but im not taking in my truck for something so small when i can just fix it myself . If it was out of warranty i would say screw it and delete the darn thing . and my service writer left now the new one is scared saying just bring your truck in stock. im not putting back my stock exhaust for a stupid little hose. i said really its just a damn hose sh*t. ill just do it myself i thought it will be cheaper than the 100 dollar deductible anyways . so anyone have a part number would be awesome would be greatly appreciated thank you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Which hose is it? I still have my EGR laying around, maybe that hose is still intact. I'm not particularly attached to it..
Old 05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

its the short hose that connects the horizontal and vertical egr coolers its like a L shaped hose its about 6 inches long
Old 05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

found it ford is on crack at the dealership 120. (wholesalefordparts.com 48.21)
8C3Z9F469A
Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Is it either one of these? These are the only L-shaped things I have left that weren't directly attached to my EGR valve. If one of these will work for you, you can have it for the cost of shipping. No guarantees on it though. My truck had 125k on it when I pulled the EGR, and this may have been the original hose but I have no way to verify that.

If you're near southeastern South Dakota you could come pick it up, but that seems unlikely. Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Egr Crossover Coolant Hose-img_20130508_223637_539.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the one on the left . heck if you were closer i would take you up on the offer im in nevada
Old 05-09-2013, 04:23 PM

Well, standing offer if you want it. USPS is under $6 for their small flat rate box, although this is light enough it might be cheaper in a regular box.

Either way, have fun. I don't remember that part of the EGR as being any fun to get to, although that hose is probably the most accessible part of it.

Although, if you already have an aftermarket exhaust, I assume without a DPF, this might be the time to think about an EGR delete.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well both hoses went on me so I ended just taking it to stealership pulled my exhaust off and reprogrammed to stock only took me an hour and a half just didn't feel like dealing with waiting for hoses to come in and be stuck with nothing to drive so they gave me a rental and get it back Wednesday. Thank you for the offer would have taken you up on offer if I had another vehicle to get around in .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.