6.0 Owner Needing 6.4 Upgrade/Advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking 6.0 Owner Needing 6.4 Upgrade/Advice

New member here from Florida! I currently own a 2004 6.0 powerstroke but looking to upgrade into a 6.4 crew cab 4x4. I love the look and the interior of the of the 6.4's but heard the mileage wasn't so great. I have about 20k-25k as a budget to spend on the 6.4 and will do the DPF/DOC delete with programmer and CAI. I just need advice or first hand comments from people that own these 6.4's on what i should be getting for my 20K-25K and the mileage if i do the DPF/DOC delete and programmer. I would love to get a 6.7 but they are just to dang expensive still.

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice and comments, this is my first post on here so i'm sorry if it's not the greatest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The 6.4s are great. I love mine. I think I'm way out of the norm, but I paid $28k out the door for my 4x4 King Ranch F250 with 58k miles.

As far as mileage. Stock I was getting 13ish (mixed driving), tuned I have gotten high 17s while cruising on road trips but day to day get around 15-16 (probably half and half city/hwy).

Your immediate mods are probable going to run you $2k for tuner, intake and delete pipe. So just be sure to budget that in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I got my CCSB 2008 Lariat with about 60,000 miles for 33,000.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM

I have an 09 ccsb lariat got it for $30. It's still a work in progress, I know I'm I getting crappy mileage but I love the truck more then I hate the gas mileage.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the quick comments back! I don't expect the best gas mileage out of these things but have just heard the normal horror stories of them only getting 12 or so around the city and then some people saying they were getting near 20 so after the deletes, i didn't know what people were really getting on a normal basis.

Is the truck more reliable after all the deletes and tuner?

I'm an agriculture real estate agent so I need the looks of the truck but also a ranch manager so i need the pulling power, the 08-10 trucks look like they will fit right in to what i need. Just have a lot of questions before pulling the trigger and buying one though!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Premium Member

I picked up my 08 CCSB FX4 for $31,000 out the door. Had 35,000 on it when I bought it. Had it for 2 days before I removed the DOC/DPF and added the tuner and an intake. Hand calculated on average 16.2 MPG. 70/30 city highway driving.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Premium Member

The truck will also be much more reliable once you get rid of the DOC/DPF and tune it. You don't have to worry about oil dillution.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Serving Our Country!

I just purchased an '08 FX4 with 56k miles for $29k out the door. Two days later dropped 2k on tuner, DPF delete, and aFe CAI. That was about 2 weeks ago and so far I am loving it. The Spartan tuner and DPF delete alone made a HUGE difference. Good luck, hope you find what you want!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelocalypse View Post
I just purchased an '08 FX4 with 56k miles for $29k out the door. Two days later dropped 2k on tuner, DPF delete, and aFe CAI. That was about 2 weeks ago and so far I am loving it. The Spartan tuner and DPF delete alone made a HUGE difference. Good luck, hope you find what you want!
What gas mileage are you getting with the spartan tuner,dpf delete and AFE CAI?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Serving Our Country!

Before the install I was getting 15 highway and about 11/12 city. I have yet to hand calculate it after the installs but the lie-o-meter says about 18/19 city. Im driving from VA to TX later this week and will hand calculate it and post results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.