flying j fuel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
flying j fuel

stopped by the 51 st ave phoenix truckstop in my tdi....sign on pump said 5-20% biomass diesel....kinda surprised me but the price was right $3.28.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by muntu View Post
stopped by the 51 st ave phoenix truckstop in my tdi....sign on pump said 5-20% biomass diesel....kinda surprised me but the price was right $3.28.
$4.20 in upstate NY, which is down from $4.40 two weeks ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: KINGSLAND
Posts: 1,345
Thanks: 8
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seeing as how the 6.4L is only rated for B5... Not a good choice IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: east coast
Posts: 775
Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
Seeing as how the 6.4L is only rated for B5... Not a good choice IMO.

Hide and watch.. i bet a lot of stations start carrying similar grades... The missing sulfer allows the stuff to stale in short order, and allows bacteria to grow in it.. just having a 10% mix allows the dealer to retain quality inventory longer.. they can load up and fill tanks when prices at rack drop, but still raise prices when rack inclines..plus, mixxing it is hard to regulate, further reducing their costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: KINGSLAND
Posts: 1,345
Thanks: 8
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewactual View Post
Hide and watch.. i bet a lot of stations start carrying similar grades... The missing sulfer allows the stuff to stale in short order, and allows bacteria to grow in it.. just having a 10% mix allows the dealer to retain quality inventory longer.. they can load up and fill tanks when prices at rack drop, but still raise prices when rack inclines..plus, mixxing it is hard to regulate, further reducing their costs.

At least until they get caught and fined heavily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors