Quick Transmission question. XRT Pro - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick Transmission question. XRT Pro

I've had my 08 for about a year now. Bought it off my buddy's car lot. It came with the XRT Pro. Had a AFE Intake on it and the DPF delete, stock exhaust. Mostly ran around on the mild Tune (DPF delete setting). Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. Ran the hot setting down the freeway and when I pulled over notice antifreeze leaking under the truck. Popped the hood and had antifreeze everywhere. I knew what happened right away. Head gasket. So I ordered ARP head studs, Sinister Egr delete, and a 5" Flow Pro turbo back exhaust with a 5 to 6" tip. Both heads were cracked. 1 lifter was broken and most of the rockers were broke. Replaced everything. Truck is put back together and is running great! I've had it on the hot tune since. Not really sure how fast the truck is now but I did a quick sprint with my buddy's Challenger SRT8. Left it in 2wd and we were dead even till about 60 and I slowly started creeping past him and we both let off. Not really sure what that means as far as how fast the truck is but I was surprised at the out come. I wanted to give to a go again with me leaving in 4wd but he chickened out. Any way, I don't see any transmission options in my settings. The TC locks up in 4th and 5th. I think there is a transmission option 2 to where it only locks up in 5th. Can I down load this or am I out of luck? Sometime I want it to down sift out of 4th but it stays locked in if that makes sense? I know the option 1 setting is good for towing but I most of my driving is in the city and I think the other option would be better for my driving style. Not sure really. Which one is better? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can load up one of the s2 tunes and you will only have 5tc lock. S1 tunes have the 4 and 5 tc lockup. The s1m is default if you don't select a transmission tune.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty6.4 View Post
You can load up one of the s2 tunes and you will only have 5tc lock. S1 tunes have the 4 and 5 tc lockup. The s1m is default if you don't select a transmission tune.
I don't have a option of selecting the transmission, or I just don't know where it is on this tuner. when I select the DPF removed option I never see a transmission option. Redid it twice thinking I missed it.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

Right after it downloads the engine tune to the truck it should give you the option for tranny tunes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Depends on how old your firmware/programming is also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.