6.4l Long Block - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4l Long Block

Hello

I need a 6.4l long block. I have read a lot of postings from different forums about misfortunes that people have had with different vendors while purchasing their blocks. Form those posts other people have chimed in about how they felt about the same vendor. I have not read to many, if any at all, post about someone having a good experience with a 6.4l crate engine, long block, or short block. I understand that to really get a feel for the new block it has to be installed and driven for a few miles before you can really say if it was a good buy or not. These are the vendors I found:

Asheville Engines - Asheville Engine Rebuilders - Home
Blackwater aka Tidewater - Blackwater Engines - Remanufactured Automotive, Industrial, Marine and Agricultural Diesel Engines
Ford - Ford or Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com
Jasper - JASPER Engines & Transmissions: Remanufactured engine: diesel, marine, import
Performance Machine Mfg aka Cobb's Diesel Performance - Aftermarket Diesel Performance Products | Performance Machine Manufacturing or Cobb's Diesel Performance - DPF Delete Kits & Diesel Performance Parts from MBRP, SCT, EDGE, Diamond Eye, Banks, BullyDog
Maryland Performance Diesel - Diesel Performance Parts & Fabrication of Diesel Enhancement Products

Here are my questions:
1 - Is there a good machine shop in or near Columbia, SC.
2 - Do you know any other vendors?
3 - What are good questions to ask the vendor before buying?
*- For example are blue prints important?
4 - If you have purchased a remanufactured 6.4l engine please tell me:
* - Who did you purchase it from?
* - What did you have to do to get/not void the warranty? Different vendors want you to do things like buy new turbos when you install their Block.
* - What was your experince?

Thank you for all your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If I were looking for a long block for a 6.4, I'd be calling the guy from powerstrokehelp.com. If your looking to put it in yourself he may be able to point you in the right direction or sell you something. That guy seems to know what's up with these things.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you. I am going to that site now.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Don't buy a remanufactured motor from Ford!!!

I bought a 2008 F550 with a Ford remanufactured complete motor that the previous owner spent $17k on. It currently has 7,000 miles on it with cylinder damage and FoMoCo has denied the warranty at 3 different dealerships. this motor was bought and installed by a Ford dealership last April. They don't stand behind their warranty and are unwilling to help a loyal Ford owner (9 trucks since 2003) in any way. I have been told that it must have been installed incorrectly and injested dust or some other foreign material. I have spoken to customer care 5 different times and they are of zero help. Don't waste your money with them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.