CI4 plus and a DPF delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CI4 plus and a DPF delete

For those DPF delete truck owners wondering whether to use CI4 plus oils as opposed to the Low Emission stuff recommeded for 2007 and newer trucks this might help.

First I did a DPF/EGR delete when my truck hit 20000 miles. I have tried Delo, Delvac and Rotella in 15w40 and even some Rotella T4 10w30 in the winters. No use in showing which oil was on what sample. However, it is worth noting the 6.4, or at least mine, does not like 10w30 even in the coldest of winter.

My last oil Change I purchased NAPA 15/40 Fleet and Farm hearing it was basically Valvoline Blue with out the extra additive package. The truck actually felt better about 500 miles into the oil change. Yes, I am pretty anal about noticing such things. I ended up dropping the oil about 600 miles to soon due to a long trip I was planning. I typically run my dino's about 5K miles.

To my surprise, not really, the CI4 plus oil performed better than most and much better than the rest since collecting samples. Lessons learned: the EPA tries to kill these work horses with emission equipment then makes the manufactures use an oil that is less than optimal for longevity. I can assure you it will be CI4 plus from here on out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scan0001.pdf (1.20 MB, 55 views)

Last edited by Arco3580; 04-18-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Grammer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flashover1969
Thanks for the info! Did you have to buy that Napa oil in bulk?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:14 PM

Flashover,

They had a recent sale for $9.99 a gallon. I purchased 5 cases anticipating better results from CI4 plus oil. I see that sale a couple of times per year from NAPA. Glad I did.

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flashover1969
Hmm I'll have to check the Napa store by my house, because that's a fantastic deal for oil. Just saw you live in Maple Valley, which is where I have some family and also over in Enumclaw. Beautiful places
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.