What does "EFT1" monitor? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What does "EFT1" monitor?

This might need to be in the performance section but I'll try here first. What is my Spartan tuner monitoring "EFT1"? It's been cold in Ohio so that's been running about 80-90. Then today I fueled up and went home and shut the truck down for about an hour. When I fired it up the Spartan was warning me about something and the EFT1 reading was in red and reading 140. I restarted the dasdaq and it had gone down to 120 then as I drove went on down to 103. The temp here today is only 76. Do I just need to adjust the danger zone on this? What is it? What's the normal range?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2008 CCSB, King Ranch, Spartan Tuned, RCD EGR Delete, RCD Cold Air Intake, AFE CAI, AFE 4in DP, AFE 5in DP back, FASS 95gph, 275/65r20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, PMF Stage 2 trac bars, Elite Up-pipes, 6.0 manifolds, ARP studs, RCD Valve Springs, Chrome-Moly Pushrods, Detroit Locker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Eft1 is Fuel rail temp. Check your fuel coolant reservoir and see I it's low.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 (Job 1) F250 King ranch 4x4, snow plow prep package with 2.5 level. Black Maxx, B&W Diehard platinums. Dieselsite coolant and transmission filters, NCU Motorsports/amsoil oil bypass kit. Turbo blankets, 5.5 PMF traction
Please collect and message me Shell, Rotella oil cap codes aka "my miles matter" I'm trying to save up for a hat or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Are you messing with me?? There is "fuel coolant"???

2008 CCSB, King Ranch, Spartan Tuned, RCD EGR Delete, RCD Cold Air Intake, AFE CAI, AFE 4in DP, AFE 5in DP back, FASS 95gph, 275/65r20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, PMF Stage 2 trac bars, Elite Up-pipes, 6.0 manifolds, ARP studs, RCD Valve Springs, Chrome-Moly Pushrods, Detroit Locker.
post #4 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
There is a fuel cooler. Its on the drivers side. It has radiator cap looking thing where you add coolant.

08 F350 cc/sb 4X4
h&s minimaxx, 5" flo pro, 4" down pipe, no limit cold air intake, dirty diesel EGR delete with intake elbow, 6.0 exhaust manifolds, custom up pipes, ported intake manifold, Apex 71mm LP turbo, Rudy's cold side pipe, diesel site coolant and transmission filter, diesel site intercooler boots, ccv mod, bilstein shocks, gogo dd solenoid, HID lights, Airdog II 165, PMF traction bars, PMF drag link, moshimoto aluminum radiator
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ya it's a little aluminum tank with a sight glass on the side and a small radiator cap on the top. Like 04hdfatboy said drivers side, mounted high and near the firewall.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 (Job 1) F250 King ranch 4x4, snow plow prep package with 2.5 level. Black Maxx, B&W Diehard platinums. Dieselsite coolant and transmission filters, NCU Motorsports/amsoil oil bypass kit. Turbo blankets, 5.5 PMF traction
Please collect and message me Shell, Rotella oil cap codes aka "my miles matter" I'm trying to save up for a hat or something.

post #6 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Well it appears full. What next?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

post #7 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Couch warmer

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What coolant does it take? Same as the engine coolant?

I have never checked mine ever lol.

08 F-350 CCSB - H&S Mini Maxx, 5" MBRP straight piped and 3" CAC pipe, Flo-Pro full EGR delete, Spearco IC, AFE STG 2 CAI
post #8 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 07:05 PM

Yes same stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs505 View Post
Of course I'm handy under the hood, I currently own a cummins.

2010 F350 CCLB Cabelas Edition
No Limit cai, Mini Maxx, 5" turbo back Flo Pro, Sinister egr delete, Sinister coolant filter, Cat EC-1, PTP shift solenoid. 20x9 +18 XD Monsters
01' 7.3 CCLB, 6637,wicked wheel G2, HPX, PHP Hydra, MBRP 4" Turbo back, Bellowed uppipes, Stancor gpr, 6.0 cooler, Fpr, Glow shift exhaust, pyro, trans, 203*/billet housing/ Cat EC-1, '07headlights/05' grill, Oh8' gate.
78' F350 "dumpy" old school
post #9 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Soooo has anyone else had their Spartan DashDaq (that is still pre-set from Spartan) have this issue? I'm not throwing a code or anything. It almost appears as if the "limit" is 140 as both times it's happened it's ready 140 then after a idling/driving for about a 30-40 seconds it cools back down to below 140 and stops beeping. Does anyone know what Ford says is the Max fuel rail temp?

post #10 of 12 Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM

use to happen to me when I had my spartan. It's fine you can live with the warning or bump it to high number or turn off the audio alert. the reason it trips is the coolant is not moving after you stop the motor and heats up.

2013 F150 FX4 EcoBoost fully loaded with the app pkg on Icon 2.5" coilovers

06 F350 Lariat-PMF 8" on 37'sSold
09 F350 ccsb Pmf 7" on 37's Sold
01 F250 ccsb 6" on 35's with to much to list Sold
98 Cobra Vert 583 RWHP Sold

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode