Just went through Arizona Emissions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just went through Arizona Emissions

Took truck through emissions for first time today. Truck is all stock and blew a .5 out of allowable 40. First time I ever did snap test holding throttle to the floor for 3 seconds. Emission guys cracked me up when they popped hood and said damn " 10 lbs of $hit in a 5 lb bag. My truck was the first one they had tested since it was exempt first 5 years.

Asked them what they were looking at during inspection. They said they had to check CCV and CAT. didn't even look at EGR or seem to care about DPF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Did they plug anything to your OBD port
Old 04-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
Did they plug anything to your OBD port

No. I didnt even get out of the truck
Old 04-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Couch warmer

Are you deleted? I live in AZ as well, so just curious.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
Sub'ing...curious to know if you're deleted as well in Arizona.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am not deleted. Thought you guys might want to know how test went.

Pulled up, gave them my ticket. They checked vin in the door then told me how test was going to be performed. Wanted me to floor truck for aprox 3 seconds until screen changed colors. Basically hold it to the floor and let it bounce off the rev limiter. They put sniffer behind my exhaust and performed actual test. Only had to bounce it off the rev limiter once.

Then they pressure tested fuel tank or cap. Couldn't tell cuz I had Morris folded in and was watching guys under the hood. They didn't know what they were looking at. We're looking for a sticker on motor then fiddled around near drivers side firewall. Another guy stuck mirror under truck and told other guy it had a cat. Didn't seem to care or even notice DPF

I asked guy what they look for on visual and he said CCV and cat. Truck blew a .5 and allowed 40

Not sure what our standards are compared to other diesels. Wonder if a tuned truck could go through only cracking throttle 3/4 open. They didn't scan and didn't seem to care about dpf.

Guess you could put back stock and pass for 2 years
Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 PM

I am curious to know what the numbers would be if the truck would have been in regen
Old 04-05-2013, 07:55 PM

i hope Texas never goes to these types of inspections i think half the state would be in trouble . but now im curious of what a deleted truck would blow
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhood6.7 View Post
i hope Texas never goes to these types of inspections i think half the state would be in trouble . but now im curious of what a deleted truck would blow
I'm willing to bet a lot more than half...

I wonder what they are checking with the CCV?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Turd View Post
Took truck through emissions for first time today. Truck is all stock and blew a .5 out of allowable 40. First time I ever did snap test holding throttle to the floor for 3 seconds. Emission guys cracked me up when they popped hood and said damn " 10 lbs of $hit in a 5 lb bag. My truck was the first one they had tested since it was exempt first 5 years.

Asked them what they were looking at during inspection. They said they had to check CCV and CAT. didn't even look at EGR or seem to care about DPF.
I have noticed that when I first started having to do emissions, half the time they didn't know what to check for. My last test (in February) they checked for everything (EGR, CCV, matching VIN's, etc) and this is the first time they checked for the CCV. (For those that are asking about CCV, they are ensuring that it is hooked up and not evacuating to the atmosphere.) Based on my results, they will continue to get better at knowing what to look for. Also, our emissions tests have to be done annually so they are only good for one year.

***Edit: Just wanted to mention that I have a 6.0 so it's been tested for several years now***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.