Ok here's the deal. Bought my truck last month, didn't know too much about 6.4's, but did some research and new about the dpf stuff. Had to pay taxes - buy a topper - take my wife to go have LASIK - so I was a little short to say the least the first month to get a tuner. Finally decided to go for it the other night. Ordered it off eBay (why idk, but I did). Doesn't matter. Get a message from the seller (to remain anonymous) saying that spartan was a little behind on their orders so it may take a couple of days to get it. I talked to 08stroker250 in a pm and he verified they are a little behind. He told me to call spartan and check how long it will be which I did today. They said it would be at least a couple weeks, no problem as I understand what is going on with the offroad tuners and I imagine there is getting to be a mass buy up of them before they are discontinued. I understand that completely and hold no grudge toward them for being busy....... Aaaaaand normally I wouldn't really care because I am too busy to really worry about it myself.
Herein lyes the problem...... I have my Lake Erie trip creeping up on me and I would really like to get rid of this pia dpf before I go on a 2000 mile trip pulling my 24 ft boat. Maybe I am just freaking out about it. Truck has 90,000 on it, it would probably be fine, but for peace of mind, not to mention saving a couple gallons of fuel and wear and tear on the truck, I would like it done.
Now stay with me, what I am asking is, I'll admit, a bit out there knowing that none of you have ever, or probably will ever meet me. I have nothing but my word to go on which over the internet, means very little. I am going to contact the seller and spartan to see if this is even a possibility on their end, but I don't see why it would be a big deal. What I am thinking is if I can get the seller to agree to it and spartan to confirm it with whichever one of you has the guts to try this.
Ok here goes, blast me if you must.
I know a few of you guys have a spare tuner on hand just in case. Would anybody borrow or trade me for my new one so I can get this put on and work the kinks out of it before I go on my trip. If you want I will have spartan ship mine directly to you and we would have it all settled with them and the seller before you send yours out. I know there is a charge for something if it has been used on another truck, but maybe I can talk them out of that because of the circumstances.
I know this is slim chance but I figured I would give it a shot. Not sure if I would do it or not if I was in your situation. It doesn't hurt to ask I guess.
If anybody would consider this feel free to contact me either through here, or call me in person.
507- two twenty- 05 fifty two.