Having Regen issues? Own a 6.4 that's Stock? (DPF Intact) Then Read this - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Having Regen issues? Own a 6.4 that's Stock? (DPF Intact) Then Read this

If you care about keeping your truck running for a while then watch this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Premium Member

You got to understand, the person driving this truck just kept going. Bellowing white smoke and oil is not normal for a diesel, also this truck was a hard worked truck. Fords are amazing trucks, but its all up to the owner. I drove my truck with a clogged dpf, and now im pushing almost 600hp at the wheel. I don't see Chevy's, dodges or any diesel truck doing this. Fords are amazing. They just need to be taken care of. They are like women, if you neglect, abuse, and ignore her, she will be a *****. Now if you take care of her, cherish her, and listen to her, then she will be the best thing in your life. Same with the fords. I've seen chevys, dodges have their own problems, ford is not alone.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYq0...e_gdata_player
This is on a stock bottom end. I don't see dodges or chevys doing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDpd...e_gdata_player
No, as a daily driver, no duramaxes or Cummins can't do this.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM

Im not putting down 6.4's, at all. There about the only ford diesel i wouldn't mind owning. Even a 6.4 truck that isnt worked hard will make its own oil beyond belief, clog dpf and be stuck in regen, eventually ruin pistons 7 & 8, cook the compound turbo, overheat, ect all due to the piss poor dpf. Now with a stock duramax, 7.3, or a 12 valve you can run as hard as you can and they won't hiccup. International has some real issues when it comes to putting proper functioning/reliable emissions on light duty diesel engines. I only started this thread to wake up 6.4 owners who think leaving the truck bone stock would be best for it, because clearly leaving it stock will do more harm than good.

Last edited by SixOhPowerstroke; 03-25-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bill Hewitt again
Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 PM

His voice annoys me.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

Who is this guys?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:08 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Having Regen issues? Own a 6.4 that's Stock? (DPF Intact) Then Read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOhPowerstroke View Post
Im not putting down 6.4's, at all. There about the only ford diesel i wouldn't mind owning. Even a 6.4 truck that isnt worked hard will make its own oil beyond belief, clog dpf and be stuck in regen, eventually ruin pistons 7 & 8, cook the compound turbo, overheat, ect all due to the piss poor dpf. Now with a stock duramax, 7.3, or a 12 valve you can run as hard as you can and they won't hiccup. International has some real issues when it comes to putting proper functioning/reliable emissions on light duty diesel engines. I only started this thread to wake up 6.4 owners who think leaving the truck bone stock would be best for it, because clearly leaving it stock will do more harm than good.
Dude how long have you been on this forum? There are threads and stickies everywhere talking about modifying the motors for reliability..... Actually I'm relatively sure this video has been posted before, with the same 'beware of the deadly 6.4' bewildered statement.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
Dude how long have you been on this forum? There are threads and stickies everywhere talking about modifying the motors for reliability..... Actually I'm relatively sure this video has been posted before, with the same 'beware of the deadly 6.4' bewildered statement.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Well it seems like people don't read them considering I see new members posting threads about smoking/regen issues almost everyday.. It just raised my awareness considering i work landscaping and there are 2 stock 6.4 f450's in the fleet and they average about around 8mpg loaded and around 11 to 12 unloaded and they are almost constantly in regen considering they are worked pretty hard, every oil change they are always a couple quarts over. and i know its only a matter of time before something will give, and cost the owner big money and possibly have to let a few guys go because of it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.