2007 with a 6.4? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2007 with a 6.4?

Allllright, wtf. A 2007 with a 6.4?

I've been in love with the 05-07 series since it came out when I was still in middle school. Now that I'm out of college with a great job, I'm just about to get a King Ranch. I've done TONS of research on the 6.0 and am willing to bulletproof it because I love the rest of the truck so much.

I emailed this guy about the ad online and he says it's a 6.4...I don't know anything about 6.4's. I also love the sound of the 6.0. Is the 6.4 a common rail? And what do they usually need to be bulletproof?

My gut tells me to stick it out and find a regular old 6.0 King Ranch that I know all about already.

Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That guy is a moron. If he says and believes it has a 6.4 in it I would walk. Who knows what else that guy had done thinking he was in the right.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 PM

Just checked the "supposed" VIN that's on the auto trader ad (1FTSW21P47EB27099).

Says its a 6.0...

Nice truck btw
Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

I wouldn't trust a guy that doesn't even know what motor is in the truck....
Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Premium Member

I have to agree with superdutydixie. One time, while driving my 6.4 I decided to help a mechanic for a rental company get out of a sandy situation. He was stuck in some serious sand with I think a 2008 or 2009 f450 powerstroke with a utility bed. When I got to him he called his truck a piece of ****, then when i attempted to pull him out it was almost impossible. To make a long story short, the "mechanic" didnt lock the hubs and when i noticed that i locked the hubs and the truck came out on its own power, when I got the drove the truck out of the pit he thought it was smart enough to tell me that the truck had a 6.0 when I pulled up on a 6.4, and yes he did tell me that he told his boss to buy dodge.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:03 AM

2007 with a 6.4?

Wow. Amazing, these people. So I emailed the guy and asked him to double check. He said it was indeed a 6.0 (but the newer one with fewer problems than the 05 or 06). I have a feeling this guy (who just had his brand new platinum edition delivered) just cruised around in this thing and wasn't exactly an enthusiast. He says its been to the dealer for all maintenance and has only had one injector go down and I think replaced the ficm a couple years ago. The thing looks immaculate. He just has no idea. Only bummer is cab lights which I'm not huge on personally. No sun roof which I kinda wish it did. Hope it at least has the power rear window...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodges89 View Post
Wow. Amazing, these people. So I emailed the guy and asked him to double check. He said it was indeed a 6.0 (but the newer one with fewer problems than the 05 or 06). I have a feeling this guy (who just had his brand new platinum edition delivered) just cruised around in this thing and wasn't exactly an enthusiast. He says its been to the dealer for all maintenance and has only had one injector go down and I think replaced the ficm a couple years ago. The thing looks immaculate. He just has no idea. Only bummer is cab lights which I'm not huge on personally. No sun roof which I kinda wish it did. Hope it at least has the power rear window...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I've learned to accept that all the 6.0's are almost the same except for the early ones with the injector issues. But when it came down to buying my 6.4 my banker told me that he will lend me the money for a new truck if I decide to go NEW and not even think about getting a used one. Best decision I've made. I even payed him a visit at the bank to thank him for his advise and help on buying such a great truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.