How to make 6.4 smoke more with black maxx? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to make 6.4 smoke more with black maxx?

I got a 08 with a black maxx tuner and DPF delete. I just got this truck a while ago and still trying to figure out how the tuner works which came with the truck. Before you guys go off and say "smoking is stupid and bad and just raw fuel being wasted" I just would like to have this for a day since here in my town were having a small parade next weekend and usually at the end everyone in their cars/trucks start doing burnouts. So I would like to put on a small show for the kids since many of them love when the diesels shoot out soot. I'm still pretty ignorant too how these tuners work but is there a way for me too set the increase in how much fuel is being wasted or do I just increase it too the hot setting and let it rip? (Yes I will try to take it easy not trying to blow a piston through the hood lol).
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
300HD, LBF set to 5, hit the skinny pedal and ride the brake, it'll smoke pretty good... I wouldn't recommend doing a lot of this tho...
Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

you are still going to get Bashed for this IMHO

and remember nailing the Skinny and holding the brake can get away from you in a crowd

so I wouldn't do it Myself
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
you are still going to get Bashed for this IMHO

and remember nailing the Skinny and holding the brake can get away from you in a crowd

so I wouldn't do it Myself
I know I will, not sure why because they did not pay for the truck I did. But then again everyone has to have an opinion. And I understand, I have seen far to many things going wrong when someone tries showing off and getting a bit too ****y with their car or truck so I will take it easy.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

How to make 6.4 smoke more with black maxx?

I also wouldn't do it. And the reason you will get bashed is because (yes you bought the truck but your actions affect us all) people rolling coal is the reason people think diesels are dirty and why they complain to the EPA that diesels aren't held to the same standard as gas cars (emissions wise) and the EPA in turn requires stricter emissions and hence we have DPFs and then people delete said emissions with tuners and then tuners get fined by the EPA so it ruins all the fun for the rest of us.

I'm not saying that you alone are going to be singly responsible for EPA restrictions, but 1 person turns into 2 which turns into 4, then 8, then 16 and you get the point.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Premium Member

Just do it once and never do it again... people dont like black smoke and when you push that pedal its gonna smoke amazin, do it tops 10 seconds
Old 03-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
I also wouldn't do it. And the reason you will get bashed is because (yes you bought the truck but your actions affect us all) people rolling coal is the reason people think diesels are dirty and why they complain to the EPA that diesels aren't held to the same standard as gas cars (emissions wise) and the EPA in turn requires stricter emissions and hence we have DPFs and then people delete said emissions with tuners and then tuners get fined by the EPA so it ruins all the fun for the rest of us.

I'm not saying that you alone are going to be singly responsible for EPA restrictions, but 1 person turns into 2 which turns into 4, then 8, then 16 and you get the point.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I understand where you're coming from. I had that argument 1000 times that the typical 17 year old with his dads 5.9 cummins or 7.3 PSD gunning it at intersections downtown and filling the place with smoke are putting a bad name for diesels. But as I said, I am doing this just for show in town. I went to a few of these parades as a viewer and out of all the music/bands/food....nothing puts a bigger smile on a kids face then a lifted truck blowing a little smoke or a corvette doing a burnout.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 AM

Re: How to make 6.4 smoke more with black maxx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08DieselStroker View Post
I know I will, not sure why because they did not pay for the truck I did. But then again everyone has to have an opinion. And I understand, I have seen far to many things going wrong when someone tries showing off and getting a bit too ****y with their car or truck so I will take it easy.
Light your truck on fire it will smoke big time then
Old 03-10-2013, 11:29 AM

Re: How to make 6.4 smoke more with black maxx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08DieselStroker View Post
I understand where you're coming from. I had that argument 1000 times that the typical 17 year old with his dads 5.9 cummins or 7.3 PSD gunning it at intersections downtown and filling the place with smoke are putting a bad name for diesels. But as I said, I am doing this just for show in town. I went to a few of these parades as a viewer and out of all the music/bands/food....nothing puts a bigger smile on a kids face then a lifted truck blowing a little smoke or a corvette doing a burnout.
Then there won't be any diesel trucks for those kids to drive and "blow smoke" with when they grow up. So you arent helping any dreams they may have to own a diesel trucks that blows black smoke......
Old 03-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDpsd View Post
Then there won't be any diesel trucks for those kids to drive and "blow smoke" with when they grow up. So you arent helping any dreams they may have to own a diesel trucks that blows black smoke......
Ehh well seeing as the EPA is going to have control over everything I guess that's going to happen no matter what so letting them see it now to remember is maybe a good thing....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
coal oraler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.