ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

So Ford has yet to be able to repair my 59,600 mile truck...meanwhile, I'm without a vehicle. I asked about a loaner, and apparently Ford doesn't offer loaners or cover rental vehicles under factory warranty, but under the Extended Warranty they do? How much sense does that make? So because YOUR product is defective, I have to shell out $200 (so far) to rent a vehicle so that I can get back and forth to work?! Am I the only one that sees an issue with this?!

-END RANT-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would agree it is some BS, but it could also be the dealer you take it to anytime I take mine in to where I bought it they throw me the keys to whatever I want pretty much. But my family has also bought 20+ vehicles from this dealership.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM

Re: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Yeah exact same thing family all buys from same dealer and they have no problem giving rentals.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM

I get loaners/rentals covered when my truck goes in for warranty repairs or it takes longer than expected to complete a non-warranty repair but I've only ever had a loaner truck (F150) once. The rest of the times, it's a Fiesta. Had a Focus once and a fully loaded Taurus once too. Nothing like bringing in a one ton diesel and getting a sub compact loaner. It gets me from point A to B so I can't complain.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What's up with the truck, Ben?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Yeah...last week when they replaced the transfer case I sat in the dealership from 8am to 530 pm waiting. Guess I'm not as lucky as yall....

Hey John...it's had a mysterious grinding sound when I let off the throttle. Ive thought it was the torque converter but everyone said I was wrong. Ford diagnosed it as a transfer case, replaced it under warranty, and it's still grinding. So I put the truck back to bone stock (even wheels and tires but left the kit on) and on the 40 mile drive to the dealership I could hear the grind constantly. Strangely enough, while I was driving, the grind got really bad, the truck was also in regen...and I was on a hill and suddenly lost power. The truck was basically in high idle and drove itself to the dealership..my throttle was unresponsive and the truck controlled the throttle itself. Luckily I made it to the dealership. Oh and in addition to all this...I found a leaky EGR cooler (the lower one) when I was reinstalling the dpf
Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow man, that's a strange one for sure. I can't believe they're not giving you a rental. From what I remember (when I had warranty) if they had to have it for more than a day they issued a rental.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM

Man your definitely getting the shaft on this one.. I'd definitely contact someone else at the dealership and talk to them.. If they've got your truck for more than 1 day, They should be giving you a loaner.. Especially when they have no idea whats wrong with it, or how long its going to take for them to fix it.. Just doesn't seem right.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Serving Our Country!

Yeah...who would I talk to though? The service manager says they don't give loaners or cover rentals...I'm supposed to return the car to enterprise tomorrow by 830pm...or spend more money to keep it. Day 2 and still no update besides it's "in the shop being looked at".

I'm not having an issue with the tech...he's been amazing and has taken good care of me, and it's not his call if I get a rental or not...I guess it's the dealership policy?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:36 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Called ford customer service and then call the owner of the dealer. Also demand a rental or u will take ur truck somewhere else. Ford also offers deales a fund called P18. Ask about it!! Its money for the sevice to use at there discretion! Ask how i know.... I work at a dealer!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.