How does the Job 1 job 2 thing work? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How does the Job 1 job 2 thing work?

I am looking at buying a 08 Super Duty and it has a build date of 04/07, what job is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Premium Member

How does the Job 1 job 2 thing work?

It's a job 1

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 AM

Didn't mean to sound un-educated but I didn't know. Should I stay away from a Job 1 truck? This one already had the Radiator replaced, and has EGR delete, 5 inch Straight pipe, H&S XRT Race. The guy put sync and a 2010 nav system in it too. 32k miles for $36k good buy?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 AM

I wouldn't mind some clarity, too.. my understanding of 'jobs' before buying an SD and joining this forum was it is an annual thing.. in other words, 2008 has a Job 1, 2, and 3.. 2009 has a Job 1, 2... so on..

saying Job 1 means early in that years production- not necessarily a first run of the model of truck..

anyhow, in response to your question about price- that seems high to me.. I'd offer no more than $28ish for that rig, even if in perfect working order.

edited to add: of course, geography has a huge bearing on values of these rigs..
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 AM

It's got a trade in value of about $28-29k. Retail is $34-35k. But there is quite a bit in extras, I realize extras don't add to value, but as far as I'm concerned it's money I don't have to spend on the truck. But this is at the top of my budget.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 AM

not to sound like a wise arse, but if it's worth it to you, then it's worth it.. IT, is right on the bubble of proper value.. the bank may have other notions, though.. which may or may not work out for you..

for instance, I bought mine for $33.5k, and the bank valued it at $44k.. I have no idea why they did that, because I could pick up any number of them around me comparably equipped for less than $40k- it just happened that I bought this one from a dude I knew- and who I know takes good care of his gear.. I would have been willing to pay him as much as $40k for it, because of that... It's a good thing he didn't know that, though..

if the bank values it more than asking, you are good to go in my humble opinion.. it comes down to you, at that point..

anyhow, just my thoughts on the matter..
Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 AM

Well my bank uses Kbb and it books out well enough for the loan. But with this rig being at the top of my budget I am trying to make sure I am not going to encounter huge issues upon buying it and than be stuck in it bc it's not worth what I owe. It was owned by the first owner for 20k miles and 3 years and then traded in, than the current owner bought it certified pre-owned and put all the extras on it and put 12k miles on it in 2 years. Everything seems a ok on it, but I don't know 6.4's well.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 AM

there is a really good thread about what to do with 6.4's for lasting performance at the top of this section..

it sounds like the dude 'fixed' most of what causes issues with these rigs.. and that engine is hardly broken in, yet.. slap on a CCV mod, a coolant filter, and maybe an AirDog or FASS lift pump, and you'll be good to go for a long while- given, you take care of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.