New sylvinia xenon bulbs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New sylvinia xenon bulbs

I want to get way brighter bulbs for my 08 with a better pattern spread. I've used silver stars before and didn't seem too much different than the stockers. I was at autozone last night and seen a new bulb from sylvinia. They are a step up from their silver star ultras and they're a xenon bulb. They are $60 a piece I believe. Anyone use these? And re they any good? I don't know anything about hid bulbs but would like to use something like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 05:04 AM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
are you talking about the sylvania ZXE? I have a pair I bought but they really dont do that much difference. Pm me if ya want to buy em, im not using them and only had them on my truck for a few weeks. $35 shipped for a pair?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 AM

I can't remember the exact name. I know they are xenon bulbs and the most expensive at autozone. But if they don't make much of a difference then maybe I'll look into actual HIDs. I just don't know much about those though..
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 AM

Yeah they are the new XENON fueled yada yada from them. its supposed to have "HID attitude" but they arent that white. you can still see they have a warm white to them. Its prolly as close to HID you will get to HID's with a halogen bulb. I have tried the silver stars, ZXE, and the PIAA ultra white and havent been impressed by any of them. I now have my HID's back in and just pointed down so no one flashes me because of my lights
Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 AM

What hid system are you running? Are they plug and play into the rackety wiring?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 AM

I do installs for friends and I always use DDMtuning kits. They are cheap, with warranty but customer service is only through email i think and shipping is slow. I have bought 12 kits so far and have only had one kit come in with one bad ballast. They sent me a new one though. If you want really good service but pay the price, retro-solutions is a great company. thats who i order my LED's from.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:51 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the HIDs run through a ballast that taps into your battery? Or do they plug straight into your factory wiring harness? Are they pretty easy to install?
Old 03-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Other than HID lights the only bulb worth the money has been the PIAA bulb sets. I love the factory vehicles with HID lighting systems and when I recently sold my Lexus I missed them greatly. Unless you go with a HID system anyone worth their salt knows that after time most upgrade bulbs burn out quickly so invest in the best bulbs out there. Otherwise in a year or so you will be back to buying another set and with that you had purchased the PIAA set. You can buy a set of them cheaper than on Ebay from THMotorsports.com.

PIAA H13:
PIAA Bulbs - 9000 Series UNIVERSAL 0 - 0 19618

If you have fog lights you can upgrade them as well with the H10 bulb set.
PIAA Bulbs - H10 Series UNIVERSAL 0 - 0 15210
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.