TUNER? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation TUNER?

Just got a 08 sequential turbo 6.4 what is the best tune for power/rollingcoal/fuel econmey looking for the all around the best tuner for the 6.4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The 2 most prefered tuners seem to be the H&S Mini Maxx and the Spartan. I am extremely happy with my Mini Maxx as are other owners of it. However, owners of the Spartan are also extremely happy with that tuner. That being said, the Mini Maxx off road tuner is no longer being made & it is the one you want. Some vendors still have it available.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have a black maxx which is the same as the mini maxx except the black maxx is bigger. I chose the black maxx because I can shift on the fly. I tow with my vehicle a lot and the high horsepower tunes can tear some stuff up while towing. If I didn't use my truck to tow. I would probably go with spartan.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan6.4 View Post
Just got a 08 sequential turbo 6.4 what is the best tune for power/rollingcoal/fuel econmey looking for the all around the best tuner for the 6.4
None, get rid of your truck.
If you think smoke is cool you need to grow up and learn what a real diesel can do. Smoke is partially burnt diesel. Unburnt diesel. Wasted power, and money, and a lot of heat. This comes from a lack of air compared to the amount of diesel dumped. Regular trucks that smoke are sick, powerless, and driven by idiots. Sled trucks/built trucks can smoke for a short period while their huge turbos get up to speed. Once there, there is insane whistle and even more air flowing to all that fuel.
So either learn, or get a new truck.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Premium Member

Rolling Coal...Negative ghost rider. We prefer to be efficient when making some power. All the new updated tunes have really improved this. H&S and Spartan are both pretty good units. the h&S allows you to shift on the fly, my preference, but both are good units. Better get one while they last, as the offroad tuners are going bye bye thanks to the EPA.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Power and Fuel economy pick either H&S or Spartan or look into custom tuners. The higher the tune (and keeping your foot out of it) will net you the most fuel economy.

If you want to roll coal, put a plastic bag over your intake... or perform the turbo delete mod...

Smoke just means you are wasting fuel and not producing the maximum power you can. Having a properly tuned truck, and addressing the air ingress and egress will produce tons of power, and good efficiency without having hardly any smoke.

People rolling coal in towns and all over is the reason that the EPA forced the DPF and other emissions on diesels and has shut down the off-road tuners from H&S (and is cracking down on other tuners).

By the way, if you are serious about learning and making a great bulletproof 6.4, start reading all you can on the forum. I would also suggest starting with the "General 6.4 Modifications" sticky.

Last edited by CountryAggie; 02-26-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM

I think you are one of the ones I want to recommend keeping the truck stock or getting a dpf on tuner since rolling coal is cool. Its not like the EPA has their eyes on diesel or anything already
Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM

Not a good first post.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 AM

Damn guys a bit harsh on the the new guy! Instead of bashing him why not just let him know that rolling coal is not cool. Not only that almost all of are guilty of rolling coal at some point.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
TUNER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Marine View Post
Damn guys a bit harsh on the the new guy! Instead of bashing him why not just let him know that rolling coal is not cool. Not only that almost all of are guilty of rolling coal at some point.
Isn't that the nature of being in a forum?

Yes maybe this thread was a bit much. But admit it, posting on a forum without doing research first is kinda asking to get burned.

And yes. I have rolled a little coal in my time behind the wheel, but not because I wanted to or thought the plume of black smoke was cool. None of the roll on the throttle and lay on the brake to try to blot out the sun. Every mod I do is to try to make all my accelerations smoke free at ALL times, I want to be able to accelerate without ANY smoke.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.