No power and no boost - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No power and no boost

Ok this is what I have. 2008 f-250 6.4 auto trans 8500 miles job 1 truck.

here is the whole story.

Yesterday afternoon I lightly washed my engine. ( engine was cold) I let it dry off for 30 minutes before I drove it to the store. When I pulled back in my drive way and put it in park it started regenerating. I let it idle and regenerate for a good 30 minutes.

Today I leave and after its warmed up I went and stepped on it to pass a car. Well when I went to pass a car my tack slowly went to 3k and my boost slowly went to right under 10 pounds. The speedo took for ever to get passed 30 mph. Truck has no power whats so ever and it sounds a little loder than normal . Any ideas ? I came to the conclusion that I either blew a turbo out or have a issue with the dpf ?

I did just notice that my check engine lights on. I also checked all my hoses/boots from my intercooler to my turbo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

mine did this and the rod to the waste gate from the controller had broken off, just a thought.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardndawnc View Post
mine did this and the rod to the waste gate from the controller had broken off, just a thought.
not to sound dumb but is this something I can fix myself tonight or do i need to take it to the dealer ? were is the waste gate and controler ?

thanks for the help
Old 12-30-2007, 06:11 PM

I bet Richard is right, I can't see any reason why a light wash could do this, unless you got your PCM wet or something else electrical. Good luck!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshooter View Post
not to sound dumb but is this something I can fix myself tonight or do i need to take it to the dealer ? were is the waste gate and controler ?

thanks for the help
It is just straight forward standing in front of the Ford emblem, look to the back towards thefirewall beside the turbo housing (slightly to your right) under the black cowling grill. Its a shiny rod that has 2 end links on it that connects to a arm on each end , look to see if it is hooked up on both ends and if it is then it is not the problem. I had to replace the controler on mine since the housing had broken off. I hope this helps, if not find out what the code is and we can go from there.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It ended up being a "EBP" (exhaust back pressure)

I got the truck back earlier today. One thing I noticed was my gas mileage has gone down 3-4 mpg . Is that normal since they probaly had to reset my computer ?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshooter View Post
It ended up being a "EBP" (exhaust back pressure)

I got the truck back earlier today. One thing I noticed was my gas mileage has gone down 3-4 mpg . Is that normal since they probaly had to reset my computer ?
Yeah I would say it is normal, I would give it a tank full to see if the mileage comes back up......now as far as the EBP, that sounds a little odd to me
Old 01-04-2008, 07:46 PM

Everytime Ford has ever touched my truck - even for oil change, they always have reflashed the ecm with the newest update and it alwys has dropped MPG for a while.But now with the kem I have the data link coved with a piece of tape and I tell them you reflash it - you owe me a grand !!!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardndawnc View Post
But now with the kem I have the data link coved with a piece of tape and I tell them you reflash it - you owe me a grand !!!
Hahaha thats awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.