Tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 01:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tires

sorry guys not too sure where to put this thread im a new poster.

I want to put new tires on my 08 6.4

Can i put 35X12.50x18 BFgoodrich Mud Terrians on a 18X8 stock rims? will they fit good enough? i dont feel like putting money out on new rims right now but really want the tires. i do have a leveling kit so the tires size should clear fine, maybe minor rubbing but nothing major.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

those tires will fit on the stock rims with no problems. shouldnt have any rubbing either.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:42 AM

thanks, hopefully ill order them soon have a couple other things im putting on. ill post pics as soon as everythings done. hopefully by mid january.

Im thinking of trying the new BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2... anyone have a set of these and how do u like them.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Emergency Services

MZL when you order your tires have them look up the actual size of the tires. I have a set of Toyo MT's mounted to the stock FX4 chrome steel wheels and they rub when turning left. They just barely touch the radius arm and only at full lock. The Toyo's measure a full 35 inches, most others are just under 35 inches and usually dont rub.
Hope this helps
Old 12-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZL View Post
thanks, hopefully ill order them soon have a couple other things im putting on. ill post pics as soon as everythings done. hopefully by mid january.

Im thinking of trying the new BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2... anyone have a set of these and how do u like them.
my buddy has them on one of his crawlers... they do great but i dont think they would last that long on pavement..... you will maybe get 20k miles out of them....
Old 12-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZL View Post
I' m looking at these too but the KM2 35's don't come load E. If don't haul heavy loads 98% of the time should I worry about not having Load E tires? I'm also concerned about rubbing. Is a leveling kit needed? Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread but I've had the same questions. Thanks in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:13 PM

thanks for the replys. the actual size is 34.8.so they shouldnt rub at all im not too concerned about how many miles ill get, i hav always had bfgoodrich all terrians and i would get maybe 20k if im lucky.

for those who added 35/12.50s on there new trucks I think 2008fx4 has that size on his truck. did the tires look alot bigger then the stock ones, did it make the truck look alot better?

thanks alot and happy new year
Old 12-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to B Pic
thanks, im new here and yal have already answered a big question for me, ? so can you runnin 35-12.50-18 on a stock 18-8 inch rim, with just a levein kit on a 06, F-350

Last edited by B Pic; 12-30-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Emergency Services

No one noticed my rims until I put the new 35X12.50X18 tires on. Now everyone notices, before I put the tires on hardly anyone noticed my truck was lifted 4". Now with the tires everyone thinks my truck is huge.
They make a huge difference and I am very pleased with my Toyo MT's
Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Angry

You talk about tire issues try having 19.5 steer tires on the drive wheels and driving in the winter with very little traction. The factory tires are designed for the summer only not the winter. Hate the tires on rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.