Emissions compaired to mileage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Emissions compaired to mileage

This may have already been touched apon, I was browsing through the site and didn't really see anything to answer my question but........with these new emission standards, the diesels are cleaner then ever to protect the enviroment. But it seems they get worst and worst mileage per gallon. Maybe im missing something but doesn't it seem kinda odd that it takes more gallons of fuel being burned to release into the air to get the same place? I just dont understand how it can be protecting anything that way. You could make the statement that since the dont require fuel consumtion to be calculated for diesels that they dont have to worry about it, but they should know the engine is going to be used to power at motor vehical that they should consider that. Is there anyone who can understand the logical thinking behind this?? Im just trying to educate myself because my father wants a new 08 and I keep trying to talk him out of a new one, I just like to know Im at least telling the truth when I argue with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I follow your thinking. It's screwed up. I consistently get about 2 MPG less using ULSD than low sulfur.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I agree too!!! I can get half the milage pulling my trailers with my 6.4 than with my 7.3's, but that is supposed to be cancelled out by their emissions??? It does not make since to me either, but I know guys with the new Cummins and Duramax that get crap milage too, so it seems to be hurting all diesels. I don't see the reall advantage to good emissions if the truck uses twice the fuel getting its work done, but I think things are going to get worse before they get better, just my opinion!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
I totally follow your thinking on this one. Better emissions are great yes. But it doesnt do any good to burn 2 times the amount of fuel to get them
Old 12-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

but if you really think about it, its a win win situation for the gov'n. They look better for protecting the enviroment, and their stock goes up in oil making us purchase more. I just, i can't believe they get away with it.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This is big business, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The government isn't making the money, it's wacko's like Al Gore and others that are selling books and carbon credits (whatever they are) to good meaning, but ignorant people. It's called sales by guilt, period!!! You can't tell me the same guys that can't predict tomorrow's weather are telling me there's going to be catastrophic flooding in 50 years. E85 gets less than 20% the mpg that gas does, but costs close to the same. It's all a big shell game that caught a huge amount of people.

Example: Kyoto Treaty costs a non-complient country billions of $, and it's paid to the U.N. to be redistributed as they see fit, but the most non-complient countries are exempt and will receive the most $. Tell me that's not a scam
Old 12-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i totally agree with that.. my 06 has awesome mpg s with all the mods etc. why can they actually tell the truth about the product they are putting out. if they say its cleaner and all that other crap, why can it get better mpg. look at honda its clean as hell and get a million mpg. doesnt make any sence to me. i just baught an 08 on saturday i love it but it does eat gas so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.