Raffle to smash my 6.4L with a sledge hammer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Raffle to smash my 6.4L with a sledge hammer

Ford can go f off.

Ive had 2 6.4's, countless hours, days, maybe even weeks spent at dealerships for blown radiators, hoses, white smoke, DPF issues.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the radiator issue. Theres not a single Ford engineer who can say that they're not knowingly selling defective parts.

For the last few years Ive been driving that POS around like my grandma. Treating it like the delicate flower it is.

Then I take it into the dealer for its customary radiator swap out and they're like,
That will be $1,800 please.
Seriously Ford. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result? You want me to buy a 3rd radiator now? For an 18 month old truck?
Thats ri****ulous.
Im going to sell raffle tickets and let 6.0L and 6.4L owners beat the bejesus out of this hunk of garbage.

Then Ford can come repo the POS

Last edited by dc4; 02-12-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: accidentally posted before I was done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

gonna see if Rio Salado will let me set this on the mountain for .50 BMG practice.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is that a puddy cat in yo avatar?

puddy cats are treacherous critters.. think it had anything to do with the issues you're having?

okay.. seriously.. that sucks, dude.. I hope you can unload it without losing the bank..
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks,
I hope so.
No luck so far. If I can find a decent deal on an aftermarket radiator may just swap out tranny, delete the EGR, and increase the tune
Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 AM

for as popular as these rigs are, you'd think there would be a bulletproof radiator made.. as many radiators that have been made over the years, you would think that engineering one would be scientific child's play.. as many radiators that are made for various makes and models, you would think there would be at least one that could be sub-planted into these things, and that you or me wouldn't have to be the Guinna Pig for such a venture...

I understand your frustration..
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
for as popular as these rigs are, you'd think there would be a bulletproof radiator made
they have the 6.0 covered and are working on a 6.4 but it is a much more complicated radiator
Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewactual View Post
Is that a puddy cat in yo avatar?

puddy cats are treacherous critters.. think it had anything to do with the issues you're having?

okay.. seriously.. that sucks, dude.. I hope you can unload it without losing the bank..
That cat is a funny story. He was 20 yrs old in that pic. his name was Nikolaus.
When i went off to school I left my truck back home at parents. Back then the trucks had that little vent window.
Anyways when I came back for Winter Break I found this cat livin in my truck. He had kept it nice and clean so I brought him inside. One of the best animals we ever had.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Premium Member

What size sledge u need. Have several. Let's make an epic destruction video. Put it on YouTube and when u get a zillion hits the money starts flowing and there's your new truck
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
. What size sledge u need. Have several. Let's make an epic destruction video. Put it on YouTube and when u get a zillion hits the money starts flowing and there's your new truck

I had a problem with my radiator a few weeks back i put my own in 900 bucks but its is suspose to b a better aftermarket one
Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yep baught my 6.4 with 42k miles a week later the radiator started leaking non stop luckily the Chevy dealer (where i baught) took care of me and replaced it. Hopefully this one lasts!! Sorry to hear your on yur third wow is all I can say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.