Need Advice on whats 1st to do on new truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Advice on whats 1st to do on new truck

Hi everyone.
I have been reading posts like crazy and trying to figure out what to do 1st.

I just purchased a 2010 F250 King Ranch Diesel. Its my 1st Ford and my 1st Diesel.
From what I have read and experienced from my own truck- I need to do ERG Delete and DPF delete and get a tuner.
I see where all these tuner companies were sued so finding a tuner that does both is like finding gold right ?
I pull a enclosed trailer with a race car inside. maybe 8000-10000 lbs. Im just trying to get some decent mileage (11-12mpg aint getting it !) and a tick more power pulling. Thats it. The regin is a pain in the butt so far I know. Any suggestions I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Get a Spartan or a Minimax. You're not really going to tow with the power bumped up on these things. They should pull fine at a NO POWER setting... trust me. Tuned everything changes. Throttle response, power, etc. even on NO POWER settings.

Yes, finding one (a tuner) is hard (not the Spartans... still pretty easy to get those) and they're going to cost you, but it's worth it in my opinion.

If you're doing a lot of stop and go + short trips, you can go ahead and kiss MPG good bye. It's not going to happen. These things are best on long hauls and with limited stopping.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for your response.
I bought a SCT 9625OR..I was told this does ERR and DPF delete.
Tuners are getting scarce that supposedly do both of these !!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Hunter of Trolls

ha!! you're right up the road, dude...

that DPF falling off and a tune to account for it made a floggin' world of difference in drive-ability.. once I had completed it, and just easing out of the driveway it was apparent..

just a 'for what it's worth' for you specifically because of your geographic location: Don't run Hess fuel unless you gotta.. I lose dang near a full MPG running that stuff, and it doesn't run as smooth.. also, swing by a dealer and pick up a couple bottles of Motorcraft fuel additive.. it's rated pretty good by independent labs, and it's about the same price as wally worlds 'diesel kleen' which isn't rated near as well..
Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey neighbor !
Thanks for info. UGH ! I just filled up last week at HESS. I just got the nastiest regin smoke since I owned the truck. I thought the some beach blew up ! I have used the Lucas fule treatment. I guess I will try the Motorcraft next.

Soon as I get my dpf delete pipes and the time I am getting it installed and the tuner. From my understanding the DPF delete will make a huge difference. Thanks again.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Hunter of Trolls

I'm sure you've tuned that race car you drag around behind the Super Duty..

if you've tuned, you know the difference it can make on a gasser.. multiply that by about five on the difference tuning+deleting does for these things.. I was totally shocked by it, and I've done a fair bit of tuning gassers.. Everyone on the Gasser forums I frequent talk about "Wow!! 25 more ponies dyno verified just by tuning w. (insert vendor's name) tune!!"... point being- squeezing 25~50 ponies out of a gasser by tuning is wild success.. these things add 250+ ponies, also dyno verified, with a simple tune+delete..

the marginal savings in fuel is good too..
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Premium Member

"Wow!! 25 more ponies dyno verified just by tuning w. (insert vendor's name) tune!!"... point being- squeezing 25~50 ponies out of a gasser by tuning is wild success.. these things add 250+ ponies, also dyno verified, with a simple tune+delete..

haha, i remember the days of getting an extra 25 horsies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.