Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

question about H&S new Street Tuner

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  drewactual 
#1 ·
Is the hardware different than the off-road tuners?

the reason I ask:

If it is the same hardware, it stands to reason that a 'street tuner' could be firmware updated to a previous set, and older off-road tunes loaded.. Or, a device could be cloned...

is there anyone with any insight on this?

#3 ·
a person could modify script pretty easily to make older firmware appear to be newer... pretty easy, actually. I just wonder if a 'street tuner' would support 'off road' tunes at that point..

I'm not about to try it... but, it may be an option for future use, when certain modifications are no longer supported.. not that somebody won't come up with something easier and better in the meantime, though..

#6 ·
I'd reckon you are right- it's time I shut up...... I'd also reckon that this puts the burden flatly on the consumer, which some folks are willing to risk such, and some might not be..

I concede- the new 'street tuners' are locked and can never be modified to allow 'off road' type tuning.. cool.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.