6.4 HVAC/cabin air intake diagram?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6.4 HVAC/cabin air intake diagram??

Anyone have a diagram of the 6.4 hvac system? I want to rig up a cabin air filter, was going to order one from cab fresh cabin filter company that fits on top of the cowl under the wipers but I have heard issues with quality and it looks pretty ugly also....I think I will take off the cowl, trace it, cut out a filter to fit and attach it to the underside of the cowl...unless the diagram shows a better spot? I guess ford made a OEM cabin filter kit but they stopped making it, I don't understand why...probably figure people would be too lazy to change them....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 HVAC/cabin air intake diagram??

I'm interested as well. Subscribed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM

Well I heard a lot of mixed reviews about the cab fresh filter for the 6.4. But they all seem easily fixed with adding a couple screws to help keep it attached to the cowl by the wipers...I was going to fab something up but I already have a egr re-route project and have to change out my egr block off plates so I ordered one from cab fresh filter co. It was about 70 bucks shipped. On the pics of 6.4s I've seen them on they don't look horrible, on the 7.3 it looks goofy IMO. It should be here in a couple days. I'll let everyone know how it works...I'm tired watching dust fly out my vents...I am in fields and dirt roads a lot....
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 PM

My cabin filter came in, it's ok for the price, not sure how effective it will be without sealing up other openings...I'm sure it will help some...here is a photo, I guess time will tell...it does contain a charcoal filter, plus 2 regular dust/allergen filters...I'll probably end up using black RTV to close up the little holes in the passenger side wiper cowl, not sure how to seal around the windshield wipers yet?? Please ignore the scotch tape from hell that I am preparing to torch off in the picture...

Last edited by rt_hawk; 02-12-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 AM

Part number for our trucks: 19800

Someone sent me a pm asking about this so I figured I would post for all to see...

Edit: filter system contains 2 filters not 3 like I said earlier, one charcoal and one dust/allergen filter...

Last edited by rt_hawk; 02-13-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd like to see a diagram of the HVAC vent system as well, or even a description if someone has a good one.

My truck is a prior work truck used in a road grading business, so it is dusty as hell. My vents had a thick layer of dust, but obviously I can only reach so far, and would like to thoroughly clean the whole system.

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 AM

So far I am please with the cab fresh filter, I used RTV to seal up the holes on the passenger side and eventually I plan on removing the cowls and placing a peice of rubber with a hole for the wiper arm for each side of the cowl, just to limit unfiltered air...I can't tell a difference as far as smells but the dust level in the truck is a lot better...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.