Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel

Does anyone know of a website that I can go get information regading who sells ULSD? I live in south Texas and NOT very many gas stations for the ULSD.?

My service manager told be to run Lucas in my truck. anyone else running lucas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 AM
one day at a time

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tipton, Iowa
Posts: 9,440
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quick question, do you have an '08 6.4L? I know you need to run ULSD in the new motors, but if you have a 6.0 or 7.3 you're better off running the LSD 500ppm fuel. As far as the lucas treatment, I've never used it. I'm a big believer in using some form of additive with the ULSD fuel. I personally use powerservice just because of availability and its cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Quick question, do you have an '08 6.4L? I know you need to run ULSD in the new motors, but if you have a 6.0 or 7.3 you're better off running the LSD 500ppm fuel. As far as the lucas treatment, I've never used it. I'm a big believer in using some form of additive with the ULSD fuel. I personally use powerservice just because of availability and its cheap.
The only on road fuel you can buy at the pump is ultra low sulpher diesel. If its 500 ppm then its off road. Dont get cought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Baden Pa
Posts: 567
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sciulli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Builttuff View Post
The only on road fuel you can buy at the pump is ultra low sulpher diesel. If its 500 ppm then its off road. Dont get cought.

Quote:
My service manager told be to run Lucas in my truck. anyone else running lucas?
Negative and DOUBLE NEAGTIVE!!!

I buy heating oil that is ULSD all the time... there slowly starting to introduce that to the heating oil folks.

Lucus is not a very good product.. and i would NOT ven try to use it int he 6.4 Use a quality additve, such as FT-10. I use FT-10 and an Enertech/Wellsworth product, but there hard to come by if your not buying in massive quantities. Get the FT-10 its just as good... maybe even better. A Ford FSE and myself have done a ton of testing with addtives and there is a list about that long that we use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-06-2007, 07:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciulli View Post
Negative and DOUBLE NEAGTIVE!!!

I buy heating oil that is ULSD all the time... there slowly starting to introduce that to the heating oil folks.

Lucus is not a very good product.. and i would NOT ven try to use it int he 6.4 Use a quality additve, such as FT-10. I use FT-10 and an Enertech/Wellsworth product, but there hard to come by if your not buying in massive quantities. Get the FT-10 its just as good... maybe even better. A Ford FSE and myself have done a ton of testing with addtives and there is a list about that long that we use.
You might buy ulsd for heating but you sure dont buy 500 ppm LSD for on road. Legally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 3,323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Barchetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Builttuff View Post
You might buy ulsd for heating but you sure dont buy 500 ppm LSD for on road. Legally!
You can still buy LSD for Highway use, legally.

Q. May I continue to purchase Low Sulfur Diesel fuel if I prefer to use it in my older vehicle?

A. Owners of 2007 and later model year diesel-powered highway vehicles must refuel only with ULSD fuel.* Owners of 2006 and earlier model year diesel-powered engines and vehicles may use ULSD or Low Sulfur Diesel fuel during the transition period. Only ULSD fuel will be available for highway use starting on December 1, 2010.

Clean Diesel Fuel Alliance Information Center - Access Keys (keyboard shortcuts)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 765
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck stop around here has both ULSD & LSD. I have heard stories that the tanks all hold ULSD and just haven't changed the signs at many places but I have asked at this particular stop and they say that they will continue to carry both as long as it is available to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barchetta View Post
You can still buy LSD for Highway use, legally.

Q. May I continue to purchase Low Sulfur Diesel fuel if I prefer to use it in my older vehicle?

A. Owners of 2007 and later model year diesel-powered highway vehicles must refuel only with ULSD fuel.* Owners of 2006 and earlier model year diesel-powered engines and vehicles may use ULSD or Low Sulfur Diesel fuel during the transition period. Only ULSD fuel will be available for highway use starting on December 1, 2010.

Clean Diesel Fuel Alliance Information Center - Access Keys (keyboard shortcuts)
Well I am wrong then. I thought I was sure that every fuel sold for on road use had to be ulsd. I know we pump a lot of more of ulsd than we do of lds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lee County, Fl.
Posts: 595
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We have a third pump for the stuff that is died red around here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Let's Run'em


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 17,682
Thanks: 4
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Do not run Lucas in your truck.....I tried it in mine and the CEL came on.....it took 3 tanks to get all that crap out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors