Dpf/new exhaust questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dpf/new exhaust questions

So I'm going to be purchasing new headers and exhaust here soon (leaning towards banks, up to other suggestions by the way) but my main concern is deleting the dpf. In deleting this will this screw up my emissions, will I be throwing any codes, and is there anything else I should keep in mind or know before taking on this weekend warriors challenge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2010 daily driver 250 no other mods as of yet. Starting with the exhaust because its just a little to quiet for my as@hole neighbors
Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You will need a tuner before removing the exhaust.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty6.4 View Post
You will need a tuner before removing the exhaust.
Yea, I actually put up a post earlier and just got a reply, for some odd reason I wasn't showing that it posted. Ah we'll. I was told in doing so I won't pass emissions so apparently the dpf is staying. I'm assuming others have found set ups keeping this. Anyone have any suggestions on what they liked/didn't like so I don't fall into a crappy set up I absolutely hate?
Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 PM

If you plan on keeping the dpf then I would look into the banks unit. Not sure what the model number it is but it seems to be pretty common with the guys who keep the dpf on.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty6.4 View Post
If you plan on keeping the dpf then I would look into the banks unit. Not sure what the model number it is but it seems to be pretty common with the guys who keep the dpf on.
The only reason I have to keep it is to pass emissions. I'm not so lucky to live in a place with no emissions. Are there anyways of deleting it and still pass emissions?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:57 PM

I think I've seen posts of guys who said they were deleted and still passed an emissions test.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM

Any decent emissions test is going to catch you so I wouldn't depend on passing them even with what some people suggest. The Banks tuner or even the Mini Max with DPF on settings may get you through a test, but that means keeping the DPF on.

You won't see the kind of gains people are seeing with the deletes. I'm speaking of power and MPG. The DPF is a pretty big road block on both of those fronts.

Why did you purchase new headers (I'm guessing you mean exhaust manifolds)? The stockers are up to snuff unless you start pushing big power.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I haven't purchased anything as of yet. I'm doing my homework before I do. A buddy of mine did mini max and swears by it. He deleted the dpf and stated it was a night and day difference. Was a dodge but I'd assume the "power" feeling would be similar. He also told me you can pass emissions without it, but is more of an athetics thing which they just look at it and if its not there you will fail. Another guy told me there are places which you can go to which will pass you without a dpf but its an underground thing, prob going to do it and deal with that headache when it comes. And as far as headers ( I've always called them that anyways) but exhaust manifolds will stay. I'm still under warranty and going back to reinstall the original ones would just be to much of a pain. And seeing how I blew the motor at 35k and received a new one with an unlimited mileage warranty for 3 years i have to be careful of what I do just in case something does happen.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 PM

You can always delete it, then when it's time to do your emmissions put your stock exhaust back on. That's what I will end up doing when that time comes, but I will probably try and have it done as is and see if I can get away with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.