Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Front cover replacement thoughts

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  04hdfatboy 
#1 ·
Has anyone had the idea of getting their front cover looked at for the possible cavitation issues these trucks seem to have?

#2 ·
My blackstone report showed coolant in my oil, and the only thing that it could have been was the front cover being cavitated, no steam or puking.

Took it in and that's exactly what it was, got the new cover under warranty.

#4 ·
I think it was a design flaw in the cover (new one has a different design) and air getting into the cooling system. I've had two radiators replaced too. I truly believe the DPF and it's heat from the regens cause a cascade of failures...

Ie the radiator to fail, then the air gets into the cooling system causing cavitation.

So, keep your coolant topped off and maybe the new design is the only way I think.

Gonna be deleting my DPF soon!!! Can't wait.

#5 ·
I wouldnt replace the front cover unless you are getting coolant in your oil. If you properly maintain the coolant or use EC-1 coolant and add a coolant filter i dont think you will have to worry about cavitation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.