6.7 fever - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 fever

I test drove a 2012 6.7 with 7000km. Now the truck is listed at 56k, but its a CC fully loaded. I hate to say it but the truck was to nice, just I use my truck as a truck. I throw **** in bed, get in and out dirty, tow trailers down dirt roads. Normal truck stuff.
Their was just a couple things I liked about the interior of the truck, which is only about 2gs worth of aftermarket accessories.
But one thing I cant wrap my head around is the raw power of the 6.7 Now my 6.4 is stock, I have a spartin somewhere in the mail, and am going to order a MBRP straight pipe this week. A air filter is soon on the list to. Will a 6.4 fill my void of raw 6.7 power?
So should I trade my 6.4 in, they are giving me more for my truck then I owe on my loan and will be into a slightly higher payment but still doable. Now only thing I love is the power, so the question is will a 6.4 ever give me the grin the 6.7 did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM

Once you install your spartan you'll forget you even drove the 6.7
Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 PM

Re: 6.7 fever

Well you will have a bigger **** eatin grin on your face after you put those parts on your 6.4 promise you will feel some raw power!! :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6.7 fever

Hahahahahahahaha the 6.4 tuned is a monster. It's destined to be a RACETRUCK. There are slightly modified trucks (intake, tune, exhaust) running high 12/low 13 sec quarters and are putting around 550HP to the wheels!

6.7s are nice, but they have nothing on a tuned 6.4...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-03-2013, 04:59 PM

OK, stock for stock the 6.7 has a few more ponies....However, if POWER is what you want, a tuned 6.4 will eat that 6.7 stock or tuned. So, if you intend to delete the choice is obvious....If stock is what you want go with the 6.7.

Turbo Kidd
Old 02-03-2013, 05:28 PM

I have an 08 tuned with spartan and my dad has the 6.7, even when I wasn't deleted and just running the 150 dpf on here couldn't touch it. Stick with you 6.4 and get er tuned and you will forget all about the 6.7.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59 PM

Thanks guys, I'm glad to here this. Hmmm would what the bank would say if I asked for a 30k loan for mods. Hahaha cant we all dream
Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty6.4 View Post
Once you install your spartan you'll forget you even drove the 6.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by montana6.0 View Post
Well you will have a bigger **** eatin grin on your face after you put those parts on your 6.4 promise you will feel some raw power!! :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
Hahahahahahahaha the 6.4 tuned is a monster. It's destined to be a RACETRUCK. There are slightly modified trucks (intake, tune, exhaust) running high 12/low 13 sec quarters and are putting around 550HP to the wheels!

6.7s are nice, but they have nothing on a tuned 6.4...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Marine View Post
I have an 08 tuned with spartan and my dad has the 6.7, even when I wasn't deleted and just running the 150 dpf on here couldn't touch it. Stick with you 6.4 and get er tuned and you will forget all about the 6.7.
My truck is stock and if I had a 6.4 it would be stock too. After driving my 11 For the first time, I didn't want to drive a 6.4 ever again. It's hard to forget how nice the heated/cooled seats are (+a few other creature comforts)... Even after driving deleted 6.4's.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
My truck is stock and if I had a 6.4 it would be stock too. After driving my 11 For the first time, I didn't want to drive a 6.4 ever again. It's hard to forget how nice the heated/cooled seats are (+a few other creature comforts)... Even after driving deleted 6.4's.
The new Super Duty's are very nice for sure. However, I love my 6.4 and the crazy power it makes. With that said, I will but a new truck after 2014. I'm sure by then we will have the ability to make some BIG GREEN power.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: 6.7 fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
I'm surprised you didn't take this opportunity to let OP know that there is already a thread about this discussion and post a link to said thread. Or maybe you just felt like giving your 2 cents.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.