Mini max update - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You don't have to register it, as long as the previous owner set the truck back to stock programming before they took the tuner off its okay to be used on another vehicle. However if they did not do that then its VIN locked to that truck and useless until the previous truck is set back to stock programming with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal010 View Post
What should one look for when buying a used mini maxx? Can the be moved to another truck? Or do you have to register through h&s?
Just ensure the previous truck has been returned to stock setting otherwise it will not load onto your truck. As long as it is then there shouldn't be any issues. You don't have to register it either. I think you would be able to plug it into the obd port on your truck to make sure it's not locked onto the previous vehicle but I'm not 100%sure on that. You could contact h&s and see if this can be done just to make sure. Or hopefully someone else who has bought a used one will chime in.

Edit: Eric beat me to it.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM

Mini max update

I updated from the .41 to the .47 and man what a difference. I was super concerned about updating and the truck not running as well but I was very wrong.

Per h&s suggestion I am going to run it on the default settings. I was running the hd300 tune with 0 LBF and HATED IT. This is light years better--LBF at 3 on mild.

If any if you have fears about updating, don't. They are great tunes.

Eric--any insight as to the timing of the release of these tunes with respect to EPA crackdown? Coincidence?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM

Re: Mini max update

I bought a used one just make sure its unlocked, probably the biggest thing. Then if it is able to turn off egr and dpf removal. And I've never registered mine and is working like a champ knock on wood.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-29-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonw2 View Post
I updated from the .41 to the .47 and man what a difference. I was super concerned about updating and the truck not running as well but I was very wrong.

Per h&s suggestion I am going to run it on the default settings. I was running the hd300 tune with 0 LBF and HATED IT. This is light years better--LBF at 3 on mild.

If any if you have fears about updating, don't. They are great tunes.

Eric--any insight as to the timing of the release of these tunes with respect to EPA crackdown? Coincidence?

So you are running the mild tunes instead of the hd300 tunes?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04hdfatboy View Post
For the record....I have run the HD tunes and the Mild tunes....I prefer the Mild 250 tune with LBF at 3 or 4 over any other canned H&S tune. I spoke with Eric about a week before the .48 tune came out, and I had planned on updating to the .47 tune based on our conversation (He has helped me a lot, so I trust him and respect his knowledge). Anyway, I upgraded to the .48 tune and I'm very pleased so far. Truck runs great.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo kidd View Post
For the record....I have run the HD tunes and the Mild tunes....I prefer the Mild 250 tune with LBF at 3 or 4 over any other canned H&S tune. I spoke with Eric about a week before the .48 tune came out, and I had planned on updating to the .47 tune based on our conversation (He has helped me a lot, so I trust him and respect his knowledge). Anyway, I upgraded to the .48 tune and I'm very pleased so far. Truck runs great.
So you run the mild tunes on the hot setting? Do they feel as powerful as the HD300 tunes?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 PM

Mini max update

Quote:
Yessir I am. I am very pleased. It could be my own convincing but I think these new tunes are incredible. Compared to the old hd300 tunes on .41 it is night and day performance. I've jumped slightly in mpg and she "feels" healthier. I'm one happy customer right now.

Dunno what it is about the default but if u update I recommend trying it.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
So you run the mild tunes on the hot setting? Do they feel as powerful as the HD300 tunes?
I like the Mild250 way better than the HD300 tune. The HD300 tune has great power, but it is not a tune I would use for towing....I tow a lot and the 250 tunes is great. The tranny shifts a lot nicer with the 250 tune as well. I guess for the so called extra 50 HP, I think the 250 is better and honestly as fast or very close to it.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 AM

Thanks guys. I think when i update my tuner i am going to try the mild tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.