X Plan / A Plan - What is best? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
X Plan / A Plan - What is best?

Hi everyone. I've been working with Ford Corporate regarding some service issues on my F350 6.0 CC and they have agreed to give me a PIN for X Plan pricing on a new truck to help retain me as a customer.

In doing some reviews on this forum, others have mentioned an A plan and perhaps others. My Ford rep is calling me Friday and I want to make sure that I'm getting a good deal. Is the X plan the best offer that Ford has or is A better or perhaps something else?

Thanks for any feedback or insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A plan is for Ford employees... X is for the general masses. X is decent if you don't have negotiation skills but it was about $1400-1500 difference between the two on my XLT. I doubt you'll do much better than X-plan but at least with X you don't pay dealer doc(ripoff) fees
Old 11-23-2007, 07:26 PM
one day at a time

I qualify for X plan through work. But truthfully its only slightly better than invoice pricing, and by slightly l mean less than $100. Ford's not giving you anything special with X plan. They still make ALL their money off the new truck and if you're trading in they make up the difference on screwing you for thousands less than your trade in value. The only good thing about X plan is if you don't have a trade in to consider its a good value, but if you trade its the same as anything else. Anybody off the street can go in and negotiate down to invoice, it may take a bit of time but its easy enough. Dealer still keeps their kickback no matter what. A plan is considerably better than X. If I were you I'd push for the A plan. Ford's not giving you anything special with the X, even though they'll try to make it sound like they are. Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:31 PM

Tell them you need more.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:33 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDriver View Post
A plan is for Ford employees... X is for the general masses. X is decent if you don't have negotiation skills but it was about $1400-1500 difference between the two on my XLT. I doubt you'll do much better than X-plan but at least with X you don't pay dealer doc(ripoff) fees
Even with the X plan you still pay whatever fees the dealership will charge you over and above the cost of the truck. Documentation fees are BS, usually $80-100 and all that money is for is for some secretary to do 5 minutes of filing paperwork and faxing it to the county for registration. Doc fees are just over inflated ways of taking a little more of your money. I simply refuse to pay it, the dealer will act like you're bending him over but just tell him how it is, that you know exactly what that money goes to and threaten to cancel the whole deal if they don't waive the charge. Believe me they'll waive it. I've never had to pay it and I never walked out either. Just have to call their bluff.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:37 PM
The Fat Mod

Yeah, dealing with a dealer is a big ole game. You can make it fun if you really want to. I like getting them working on their best deal and then ask what you can get for your trade in. Start off with just a cash buy, and then throw the trade in in there in the end.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:55 PM

I have known saleman and asked them not to play games just cut right thru the BS and they still try to bend you over. I had been buying strickly from one dealership and went elsewhere on this last deal just to keep them straight. Even when you know the sales people its the friggin sales manager that insists on playing games. Luckily I can play games all day long.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:56 PM
The Fat Mod

Yuppers, I know they are going to play games regardless, so I will play right around with them.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Even with the X plan you still pay whatever fees the dealership will charge you over and above the cost of the truck.
Then they are violating X-plan policies. Dealers are not allowed to add fees or throw extras into the deal.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

D-Plan is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDriver View Post
Then they are violating X-plan policies. Dealers are not allowed to add fees or throw extras into the deal.
You are very correct. All discount plans are pre-priced set. Meaning the dealer cannot charge you any more that the set price. This is not an uncommon practice by many dealers. I suggest calling different dealers and getting prices for the same truck, tell them you have a pin # for X-plan. If the dealers are reputable, the prices will be the same for the exact same truck. If you want the best price plan, ask for a pin # for D-Plan. It is the best discount for Ford employees. It saved me almost $10,000 on a loaded 2008 F-350. Just be sure not to give out your pin # until you are ready to buy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.