Dfuser egr block off plate install questions... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dfuser egr block off plate install questions...

Dfuser says you don't need gaskets to install their egr block off plates? Do they mean you re-use the stock ones? I would probably go buy new upper and lower gaskets to avoid having to re-do this project if that is the case...does anyone have the part numbers handy for the lower and upper egr cooler gaskets??

Thanks in advance guys!!

Sean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I haven't seen a block off plate come with gaskets so im guessing uses the factory one. Let me know how the install goes. I may do just the block off plates if its easy
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the ptp kit in a box.. elbow and all.. for the life of me, though, I can't see why a block off and a coolant reroute won't do the same thing? What am I missing??

As far as the gaskets go, you can make some, buy some, or reuse the old ones.. they're pretty protected in that flange, and exhaust gaskets generally don't blow out unless the mating surface isn't mating very well, such as warping, cracking, unevenly synched, ect.. I've used gaskets such as the mighty remflex and blown them to bits, and on the same token I've seen metal to metal hold up on head to header unions ... It's all about the mating surface..
Old 01-22-2013, 06:18 PM

Hmmm, unless they are 20 bucks a piece I'll just go to the dealer, I'm curious how you would make a exhaust gasket?? Do they sell the material and then just cut it out??
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 PM

We use Hi Temp red silicone for headers on 800+ HP gas engine racecars all day long and no leaks! Just let it set up a little before you bolt it together, I havent used a header gasket in years! But we also use stainless Beyea or Stiles Headers that have a thick and super true flange too, don't know if this helps, just saying
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 AM

Re: Dfuser egr block off plate install questions...

Most block plates install by just loosening the bolts and slipping them in using the stock gasket. The plates themselves have slotted holes so you can just slide them in. If you had to remove completely it would be a huge pain on the lower one.

To answer another question, yes block off plates and rerouting the coolant lines does the same thing but allows the vehicle to be returned to stock much easier/quicker then a full delete would.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide app.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM

Oh alright, I guess that makes sense from the pictures that they slide in there...I just don't want to go through the trouble of doing this to find out it hisses like crazy later on...I have a feeling the lower section is going to suck getting the gap between the exhaust and the cooler to slide the plate in there...I'm guessing the gaskets just have holes and not slots. Plates should be here tomorrow but my truck is at the dealer anyway getting a stupid #1 injector replaced...
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM

It actually seals pretty good and no amount of hissing is present. Getting the lower plate in place is the easy part, the hard part is removing it if you need to go back to stock.

Correct, gaskets have holes to go over the bolts, the plates are slotted to go around the bolts.

On the clamps, if you can, obtain a ratcheting wrench, there isn't allot of space to move the wrench so you would be turning it about 1/6 to 1/3 a turn and having to reposition the wrench for the next turn. A ratcheting wrench makes it much easier to loosen the clamps. If you remove the driver side wheel liner, you can go in from there to access everything.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Premium Member

Rudy's EGR Delete kit came with the metal gaskets so i used one on the lower flange but I removed the EGR valve and put on a FLo Pro intake elbow so I didn't need the second gasket supplied with the kit
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 AM

I wish I could do a full egr delete right now, but the dealer sucked 1300 off me today...they forgot to add in diagnostic time, was suppose to be 1100 or less....yippee! Guess block off plates with a re-route is in order...it could be worse, one injector and thermostats and a trans filter is a lot better than 10k for a new motor...I can't believe people will ignore a poorly running 6.4 to the point of no return...hopefully this is the last issue I have for a while...only had this truck for 2 months....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.