blend door actuator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
blend door actuator

2008, with duel climate control, 113000k miles

AC/Heat system blows cold air only on the passenger side vents. Drivers side works good. didnt matter what setting was made. took a chance and changed the blend door actuator. its located behind the passenger side air bag on top of the air box. I didnt really know what i was doing, but I'd rather be in my shop trying to fix something than sitting on the couch.

anyway. 8 hours later and a 30 dollar part. it works great. I guess the pros do it differently, by removing the dash assembly. I didnt know that until after I had done it like this. here is a short youtube video.

Blend door actuator. 2008 f-250 - YouTube

lesson learned. I didnt have to remove the drivers side stuff. also, removed the three bolts holding the dash assembly on the passenger side and pulled the dash back about 1/4 inch, which helped to get to the screw holding the part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Premium Member

You sir are more brave than I! That's awesome though. Nice vid.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

with the dual climate is it a split blend and dual actuator ?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM

thanks O3 silver. I come to this site to learn how to work on and maintain my truck myself. I work behind a desk all day. My kids are grown, and i like to figure out and work on stuff the video took some time.

as far as split or not? there are two blend door actuator motors. Not really sure what they do inside the air box. I just know that the air coming out of all vents on the passenger side was cold, and I could not turn off the floor air. It would not change from cold.

the drivers side acuator is just above the gas peddle on the bottom of the dash and much easier to get to. It was working good.

Drove the truck last night in 30 degree temps. wife was happy and I got lucky. Mission accomplished. before she complained about her feet freezing, and that blew the mood. No pun intended. I didnt care because my side worked great. Go figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.