2" lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2" lift

I'm wanting to lift my truck and looking for feedback. I am not wanting to lift it really high (4" or 6"). I have a stock 2008 4x2 f250 crewcab. I would really like to lift it about 2 or 3 inches. Any suggestions on (brand) lifts? I will be installing the lift myself. I don't want the truck to sit low from the rear either. Anyone know what size lift comes on a normal 4x4 f250? Anyway, just looking for any feedback. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well it looks like you want a leveling kit, they are normally 2-3". I run a kit called "Newton lifts" (Can be found on ebay) pretty basic, uses the stock springs it just has spacers for the front and taller blocks for the rear. If you go with a leveling kit make sure it comes with track bar spacers as well, otherwise your axle will shift to one side.
Do a search for leveling kits and you should find all the info you need.
I think the stock blocks on F250's are 3".
You should be able to install any leveling kit, no cutting/drilling or welding required. But you will have to get an alignment after your done.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Premium Member

Leveling kit
Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its either chaep level kits or a quality level kit..min you need is a adj track bar to recenter the axle, Castor shims to get back the lost castor from the lift.

Cheap kits use pucks and spacers where quality lifts use springs, shocks and the correct parts...ie: no spacers, extensions etc..

If you deside on a quality lift we have Icon and Pure Performance.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:23 PM

I would say go with an Icon 2.5" with an adj track bar. It's pricy but worth it for the ride and knowing it's done right!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

On a 4x2 your options are pretty limited. I'm running the 2" Daystar poly spacers on mine. I've had them on for a couple of years now and have had no issues. Rides like stock, but sits 2" higher in the front and looks good with 33" tires. Parked next to a stock 4x4 I'm maybe an inch lower, but it's very close. Just a heads up, the stock camber adjusters will not work for the alignment after leveling. You will need aftermarket adjusters to compensate for the lift. Might want to price that out first, with labor it can be a little pricey.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 PM

my bad didn't notice it a 4x2 . Gotta love pain meds LOL! Didn't fabtech make a 2wd lift kit?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:55 PM

Thanks guys for the info. nfh250 I may go with the 2" lift you referred. How does your rear end sit? Is it lower than the front? I would rather the rear end sit just a bit higher? You think I can just put in a bigger block in the rear and be done with it? It starts adding up pretty quick when you start piecing together a lift. You might as well just get the 6" lift.

I checked in to fabtech and its a least $1500 for a 6" lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.