2008 F 350 4x4 6.4L....Anything to be aware of ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 F 350 4x4 6.4L....Anything to be aware of ?

Hey there

I went in to my local dealer to look at leasing a new 2008 F 350 4x4 XLT Cab and chasie for my company, Going on it would be a service box half tool box and half deck .

Is there anything i should be aware of as far as the truck goes guys?

Gotta love em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
other than Poor fuel millage... they are pretty good
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM

hmm yeah i heard that too, but the cummins and the dummymax are gettin pretty poor to, or so i hear
Old 11-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think as far as milage they are all about the same. My 6.4 can get pretty good empty milage, slower the better, 65 to 70 I dont have a problem getting 18 to 20, go faster 75 to 80 16 to 17, 85 and up I can drop down to 12. These numbers are on relatively flat roads, get in the mountains and they go way down. Pulling I can drop it down way low, especially going 80 to 85 like I usually do, I see it around 7.5 quite a bit. I grossed 42,000lbs one trip and I only went 65 and it maintaianed 8.4, great as far as I am concerned. I have 3:73's, my truck is wrecked right now, so I used my buddies yesterday to haul my backhoe, it has 4:30's in it, I didnt drive over 75 and I was able to get 8.6 most of the trip, got into some bad wind and it dropped to 7.9. I cant see a whole lot of difference in pulling milage between the two rearends. I have friends with cummins and duramaxs and pulling hard they all get sorry milage. I think it is a good engine with a few bugs they are working out, with a great body and chassi. Good luck, and I say lease it, it will be fine!!!
Fletcher
Old 11-16-2007, 07:38 PM

The new cummins are no better-- its this goofy a$$ DPF the epa has mandated for the 07 and up emmisions. Other other issue I have had with mine is the 7.8 MPG, radiator leaking, oil pan was cracked ( from install at assembly) , DPF clogged up at 74,000 miles, and now the EGR valve is stuck in open position causing some goofy running conditions, but ford needs it for 3 days to remove and replace or clean it.I just dont have the time to be with out it right now. Its too close to Christmas and I have 4 boys so its time to work not sit at home while ford sratches there head and tries to figure out how to remove the valve. But remember I have put an average of 12,800 miles a month on this truck with an average of over 20,000 lbs. on board for 89% of those miles , so it has not been too bad but I just expected more I guess, especially for the $54K I spent.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:30 PM

hmmm, yeah looks like all this new emmisions crap is causing alot of problems in the new diesels with the milage and so on, but other than that hows the power and the rest of the truck ?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Emergency Services

I only have 2500 miles on my truck but LOVE it. I just took a trip and got 16-17 mpg as long as I kept it under 70 mph (I think this is good for an F250 with 4" lift and 35's). I have heard of radiator problems and also an A/C line that rubs near the battery. Other than that I haven't heard any of the problems they were having with the 6.0 when new.
Check the problems forum but beware some just like to ***** about nothing. If you keep reading usually someone will line them out. :-)
Old 11-17-2007, 04:40 PM

haha yeah i know what you mean some guys just post the minor problems and go on about them like its the end of the world, (they all like to toot there horn lol).

:burnout
Old 11-17-2007, 05:46 PM

I love my '08, it runs smooth, starts good, and has an amazing ride. It handles big loads great! The interior is great, everybody who rides in it loves the layout, and it is comfortable. I have had real problems with mine, they are'nt just me complaining either! I have had two failed radiators that leaked like crazy, and when I am pulling a load grossing 35 to 40,000lbs. it is a serious issue! My main problem is a serious lack of power, I keep records of what my trucks can top certain hills with the same trailers I have now and this is the slowest truck since my IDI non turbo diesels, 20mph slower than my last 6.0. I think it is only mine pretty much, I have a friend who has one and it pulls pretty good, we compared the two. I have a boost issue, only get about 21psi when pulling hard, my friends will hit 39psi with the same load. Ford has an engineer working on my engine read-outs. I think it is a better motor than the 6.0 much smoother, with a lot of potential. It just has to deal with all the EPA crap that is on it, great truck over all!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:55 AM

Oh sweet man , kinda sucks about the low turbo boost, but at least there workin on it for yeah man ...The new in side of the new 08's look awsome i love em, i here the trucks run better and get better milage with out all that EPA ****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.