What will monitor Egt, regen cycles, and codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What will monitor Egt, regen cycles, and codes

Is there anything out there on the market that will allow me to watch EGT's while towing, notified when regen starts and ends, and pull codes that is not a tuner like spartan or h&s? I would love to tune mine but still have warranty and will likely extend mine. I don't want a tuner leaving a footprint that will allow ford to deny a claim.

My dealer is mod friendly but I am concerned about truck having problems when pulling toy hauler when out of state. I go to dunes a lot and don't want CHP messing with me about DPF delete. A trained monkey can tell an 08 and up had DPF by just looking at style of our trucks. I also have emissions to deal with in Arizona.

Was considering putting tuner on stock setting so I could monitor but figured that would leave some type of foot print as well and a lot of money not taking full advantage of it. I know eliminating DPF will prolong life of truck but I need warranty for piece of mind. I change oil every 2500 miles and always drive to complete regen cycle. My warranty has already paid for itself almost 3 times.

Love the truck and love not having to worry how much it is going to cost me if it breaks.

So is there anything out there for me, and if I buy tuner and use on stock setting will it leave a foot print
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

EGT's and Codes can be monitored with most monitors. But not all of them come with a setting to monitor Regens. I have the Banks iQ on mine and it does all of the above and more.

With the EPA coming down more and more on tuners, you may want to consider a DPF on tuner. Allot of tuner companies make DPF on tuners and tunes but not all of them are clean tunes. Some are quite dirty and will result in the DPF clogging faster. The cleanest of these is Banks.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM

Edge Insight CTS monitor.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:26 AM

who is your friendly az dealer ?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by muntu View Post
who is your friendly az dealer ?
There are several friendly dealers in AZ. Truck was originally lifted at dealer and never given grief when truck went in for service.

If you are looking for a dealer that will look the other way when something was caused by a tuner, I can't help ya. Thats why mine doesn't have a tuner on it yet.

Sorry my post might have been misleading saying MOD friendly when discussing tuner or something to monitor. I meant simple bolt ons, ie cat back, air filter, coolant filter, fas, bullet proof egr cooler, upgrading customers head bolts to arp studs, etc.

They told me straight up, if you tear they tranny up or hurt something out of the norm, ford will investigate. Basically said wait till warranty is up to put a tuner on it. They agree DPF is a killer. Recommended frequent oil changes, and completing cycle then looking into tuner after warranty lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.