Help Please! Ford Gold Coolant New Look??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help Please! Ford Gold Coolant New Look???

so my truck is leaking coolant from the lower radiator hose where it goes into the block/pump.. connectors are black on the upper and lower hoses.. so i'm assuming i'm rocking the old 1 o-ring style hoses... needless to say, i had to swing by ford today to pick up some coolant until i can find time to replace the hose... its not leaking that bad.. couple drips in my driveway over night and a couple drips in the parkinglot at work during the day .. my question is:

Did Ford change their bottles? I remember them being white? and this one is pre diluted... the guy at the parts counter didn't look up anything. I said are you sure this is the right stuff??? he says oh yea, well guess what.. when my butt puts the incorrect fluid in my degas bottle and F's the cooling system up, that ford dealer wont give a HOOT what the guy at the parts counter told me. I took some pics.. i just wanted to ask you guys to see if this was the right stuff before i put it in my truck.. and YES, my truck currently has the ford Gold coolant in it now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
so my truck is leaking coolant from the lower radiator hose where it goes into the block/pump.. connectors are black on the upper and lower hoses.. so i'm assuming i'm rocking the old 1 o-ring style hoses... needless to say, i had to swing by ford today to pick up some coolant until i can find time to replace the hose... its not leaking that bad.. couple drips in my driveway over night and a couple drips in the parkinglot at work during the day .. my question is:

Did Ford change their bottles? I remember them being white? and this one is pre diluted... the guy at the parts counter didn't look up anything. I said are you sure this is the right stuff??? he says oh yea, well guess what.. when my butt puts the incorrect fluid in my degas bottle and F's the cooling system up, that ford dealer wont give a HOOT what the guy at the parts counter told me. I took some pics.. i just wanted to ask you guys to see if this was the right stuff before i put it in my truck.. and YES, my truck currently has the ford Gold coolant in it now.

If you're just topping it off you'll be good w that

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

yea.. i just need to top it off.. don't want to run out of coolant in the degas and cause cavitation or anything like that.. just topping off so i can keep rolling for now.. thanks for the quick response.. i just wasn't aware they changed the bottles.. that's what had me worried! i don't let anyone F with my truck.. especially some donk runner @ the parts counter.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 PM

Weird. The one near me are black jugs with a orange/teal low label. It says gold and it is motorcraft so I bet its fine especially for topping up. Maybe there 50/50 jug is a different color
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 PM

They recently changed all our Motorcraft coolant jugs over to the orange/red jugs like that. The green/gold/red all come in the same colored jugs now, you really gotta pay attention to the labels now.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 PM

Location: The place where the 2nd amendment is considered illegal.
You should be fine. FoMoCo likes to use the red color in their products. (part of their marketing)

red gallon= 50/50 pre-diluted
white gallon= 100% concentrate
Old 01-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruizhernandeztrust View Post
You should be fine. FoMoCo likes to use the red color in their products. (part of their marketing)

red gallon= 50/50 pre-diluted
white gallon= 100% concentrate
Thanks... I never paid attention to the 50/50 vs. concentrated, I didn't know they had both
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Couch warmer

Zerex G-05 is also an alternative to the motorcraft stuff, pretty much identical. Usually cheaper too.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismX View Post
Zerex G-05 is also an alternative to the motorcraft stuff, pretty much identical. Usually cheaper too.

Thats what i top off with after coolant filter changes an i have had zero issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.