Buying 2008 F450 Warranty question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buying 2008 F450 Warranty question

Hello All, looking for some input on my possible new purchase. Looking to buy an 08 F450 with 36,000 miles on her. We are upgrading to a 5th wheel camper and I found a pretty good deal on this truck. The truck still has powertrain and engine warranty until Nov. 2013 but I was thinking about purchasing the Ford ESP for the truck that would give me 5 years or 48,000 miles more on the warranty bumper to bumper. I guess two questions, does anyone have any experience with the ESP warranty and will the aftermarket deletes that most are doing void the warranty?

Also any input on 450 owners how they like there trucks would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 01:50 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Jason,

While I dont have an F450, I do have the ESP warranty out to 60k I believe it is. One thing to be conscious with is that there is still a deductible ($100) but I think its pretty fair considering its bumper to bumper.

As for your question about what they turn a blind eye to; it depends. It depends on the dealer and whats wrong. Like any warranty, the burden of proof is on them to deny the claim for something you did, but then again you'd have to go to court to really fight it out. Also remember, if its something that has to be replaced and is pricey, they will likely have to get approval from ford. I know programmers are a BAD choice here based on what they told me.

Not sure if 100% true but many of the reprogrammers out there prevent the Ford computer from reflashing and indicate it was tampered with. YMMV but thats what I got told with mine
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford warranties are great and the only ones I would recommend. Which warranty are you looking at?

There is a:
PremiumCare
ExtraCare
BaseCare
PowertrainCare
DieselCare
DieselCare Plus

They all cover different things (but for this truck you need the PremiumCare if you're going the ESP route in my opinion). Also, if you're doing the warranty for as long as you're planning, you need to jump to the $50 deductible. The increase in cost is pretty minor for the number of times you may have to use it.

The problem with the warranty is that it's not going to cover your engine (the most expensive part) if your fuel is shown to be the problem. And they are going to test your fuel if you come in with a problem... trust me. Again, not an issue if your fuel is good.

Deleting will void your warranty with all but a handful of dealerships. This will be a problem for you because if you're ever out of town (towing) and something breaks, the dealership you get it taken to might not be mod-friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.