Regen??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Regen???

Good morning everyone. Well i traded in my highly modified Cummins and came back over to the Powerstroke club with absolutely no regrets, but I do have some questions regarding this regen stuff. As of today I have 675 miles on my truck and I have had 6 regen cycles which last between 20 and 25 minutes; all the reading that i have been doing pre and post purchase tells me that this is not right but when I talk to my dealer they say that it is ok, what do you think? Also when I was working back in the pasture my truck was just ideling there at about 1400 rpm during a regen cycle and I smelled something burning, I went around to the other side of the truck and a bush maybe 8" away was smoking from the heat of the exhaust, is this normal as well. Last question, when the truck goes into regen does it take power away from it, because it seems to become sluggish until it finishes and then it is back to it's peppy self. Sorry for the long and drawn out question but I just want to get my facts straight before I talk to my dealer again. Thanks, Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

my truck did the same thing when it was new. Now it has over 6,000kms and i think it's been almost a 1,000kms since the last regen.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Yes there is something wrong with the truck I would take it back to the dealer. 6 regen cycles in 25 mins, thats not good at all. Yes the 1400 RPM and the burning is normal. Remember, the truck raises the EGTs to "burn" the soot in the DPF, so that's whats burning. As far as the power goes, yes it does take power away, even though its not suppose to.....the problem is that your over fueling the motor when its in regen....next time for fun reset your average MPG when its in regen and watch your jaw drop....hahaha.....its all a big pain and there is a solution to get rid of it, he he he
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
Yes there is something wrong with the truck I would take it back to the dealer. 6 regen cycles in 25 mins, thats not good at all. Yes the 1400 RPM and the burning is normal. Remember, the truck raises the EGTs to "burn" the soot in the DPF, so that's whats burning. As far as the power goes, yes it does take power away, even though its not suppose to.....the problem is that your over fueling the motor when its in regen....next time for fun reset your average MPG when its in regen and watch your jaw drop....hahaha.....its all a big pain and there is a solution to get rid of it, he he he
Any luck with getting in touch with KEM???I have tried e-mail and messages with no luck -- everyday and no return info -- I believe that they are avoiding me. I may have to replace this POS DPF soon since fuel is going to go to 3.60 by end of month --- I need some help
Old 11-05-2007, 06:19 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Regen does throw out some hot gasses. Our truck ges into regen about once a day, but it is always towing heavy loads. You may want to get it checked anyway. It can also make the truck sluggish.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info guy's, boy there is alot to learn about these new diesels they are definately more complicated than my early 04 Cummins.... Mike
Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardndawnc View Post
Any luck with getting in touch with KEM???I have tried e-mail and messages with no luck -- everyday and no return info -- I believe that they are avoiding me. I may have to replace this POS DPF soon since fuel is going to go to 3.60 by end of month --- I need some help
Hey Rich yeah, I've gotten a hold of him, he is really busy, he just got back from SEMA late yesterday, I told him about you and he told me that he would check and try to get in touch with you......I'll keep on him though!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:46 PM

Regen every 100 miles sounds excessive but it depends on the type of driving.

Mine rarely goes into regen but you can notice a little sluggishness (is that a word?).

I know the exhaust gets hot during a regen but you might want to find out if the truck has the latest programming on it.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPhillips View Post
Regen every 100 miles sounds excessive but it depends on the type of driving.

Mine rarely goes into regen but you can notice a little sluggishness (is that a word?).

I know the exhaust gets hot during a regen but you might want to find out if the truck has the latest programming on it.
Do you happen to know what the latest program version is?? Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 03:52 PM

No, You should ask the dealer to check it and see if it's updated. Then again maybe the older ones are better if your going to get a performance chip. It's really too soon to say what's going to be coming out soon.

But, if you are leaving it stock you should get the dealer to check and see what it has. Maybe it needs breaking in some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.