6.7 Cummins/Allison vrs 6.4 Twin Turbo PSD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 Cummins/Allison vrs 6.4 Twin Turbo PSD

And I am not being disrespectful here Guys, I am a Ford man, and own a 6.0 a 2006 built 2007 year model, King Ranch Dually 4x4 6.0 auto... With Dually and 410 gears 4x4, getting about 15.4 mpg, verified combined highway/city of 6.49 kms/litre measured and metered by clock at 6.5 as accurate.... Now that is Edge Juice Platinum on level 5 extreme and lightfooting it and staying around the 2000 rpm on highway, but a solid 15.4 mpg for a Dually 4x4

But what do you hear about the new Dodge 6.7 Cummins and Allison, only 305 hp and 610 ft pounds with 2010 emissions? My Clients are interested in fuel economy towing and it has been Complianced here in Oz (Australia), but not the twin turbo Ford as yet....It has not passsed emissions and compliancing to ADR... Does anyone have any comparo figures? Seems like the 6.4 is struggling to reach my 6.0 mileage overall... What is the overall opinion or guestimate for the Dodge Cummins 6.7 in 4x4, better or worse???? We will not get the twin turbo 6.4 ADR approvals here till mid next year at best.... I do appreciate the help friends. It takes 5 months to get a truck converted here to right hand drive and complianced.

I hate to ask this on a Ford Forum And I am a Ford Fan But can anyone tell me if the Dodge Cummins Ram gets better fuel economy in the 2008 range?????

Thank you for your help, I know I am being a butttt for asking here on the Ford Forum, but I thought you might know. There would have to be a lot of Sticker Readers with Diesel prices around $3+ a gallon... Help?

Kind Regards to all you Ford lovers from one in Oz... lone Ranger...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2007, 08:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
The 6.7 is pretty much like the others, mileage reports are all over the place. I've seen low claims, mediocre claims and higher than expected claims. The 6.7, at least the one available here is rated for 350/650, and is the only one certified for 2010 emissions here in the US. Neither GM or Ford's diesels have reached that status as of yet.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

I have heard that the 6.7 is just as bad....
Old 10-31-2007, 08:33 PM

Cummins 6.7-------- 17-18 on highway is what is most commonly been reported when broke in. And actually the factory HP is 350 and the torq is 650ft lbs. I think you were looking at a Califronia truck.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 PM

But like others say mileage vary's on these trucks.......... And I don't think they have a 6.7 California version do they???
Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I don't know why they would if it's already certified for 2010 the way it sits.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 AM

first off that's a 6SP Auto 68RFE tranny built by Aissin Transmission(or something like that)not a ALLISON Tranny but all the new diesels equiped with the emmision stuff are all in the same neighbor hood on MPG but some are better then others(trucks are like women they are all different),to be honest the Duramax/Allison has caused the least amount of trouble and this is not a survey done by a company just from what we hear from our customers and we have a tatol of 3 tire shops so we see quite few new diesels and it kinda surprised me but the 6.7L has caused some trouble(the worse was when one guy dropped a rod on his 6.7L and blew the heads)but other that some sensors and other electronical stuff but i expect Cummins to have all the bugs worked out in a year or so..new engine new trouble.this is just some stuff that i heard from owners of these new trucks.
ps a friend of mine went to buy a new 6.4L(this just happend about 2 weeks ago at Donnell Ford in Columbiana OH)and the dealer told him not to buy a 6.4L they cause to much trouble so he bought a new tundra,boy was i pissed at that dealer b/c i wanted him to buy a mans truck(you know a diesel)even if it wasn't a duramax.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:40 PM

Send a message via MSN to Jesse.James
i agree anything is better than a toyota or nissan truck!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:53 PM

my buddy had a 6.7 cummins he was getin 20-23mpg highway use
Old 11-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Thanks for the response Guys

On the 6.7 at 305 and 610, we got that off a Dodge Site.... Don't know....

On the Duramax..... We are not keen on the independent front suspension, feeling it is too many moving parts and a bit fragile in comparison to the Monobeam front diff of Ford and Dodge... And internal plastics seem to be weak and ......

Just wanted to know the reputation of fuel economy on the 6.7 Cummins, as the 6.4 Ford will not be legal here for a while yet.... And the Dodge and Chev Duramax are available... Our Customers are needing our feedback on the matter as the only other choice is Toyota Landcruiser, Chev, as Tundra and such are not offered here.

Any other comments on the Dodge 6.7 would be welcomed... Thankyou..

Last edited by Lone Ranger; 11-01-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.